Marie N Fongwa
Affiliation: University of California
- Overview of themes identified from African American discourse on quality of careMarie N Fongwa
School of Nursing, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 16:17-38; quiz 81-2. 2002..An interpersonal processes-of-care framework is used to examine the quality-of-care themes, and the quality-of-care issues are discussed using a systems theoretical perspective...
- Quality indicator themes among African Americans, Latinos, and WhitesMarie N Fongwa
The University of California Los Angeles School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 23:50-7. 2008..The at-a-glance grid is useful in facilitating culturally competent caring processes in clinical practice...
- Adherence to treatment factors in hypertensive African American womenMarie N Fongwa
School of Nursing, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1702, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 21:201-7. 2006....
- Psychometric characteristics of a patient satisfaction instrument tailored to the concerns of African AmericansMarie N Fongwa
School of Nursing, UCLA, California 90095 6917, USA
Ethn Dis 16:948-55. 2006..The survey needs to be evaluated in other samples to determine if it adequately reflects cultural issues from other ethnic minorities...
- Reports and ratings of care: black and white Medicare enrolleesMarie N Fongwa
School of Nursing, University of California Los Angeles, 700 Tiverton Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 19:1136-47. 2008..This study compared African American/Black and White Medicare enrollees' perceptions of care...
- Adherence treatment factors in hypertensive African American womenMarie N Fongwa
University of California Los Angeles School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6917, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:157-66. 2008..Factors associated with adherence to treatment in African American women are unknown. The purpose of this study was to identify factors associated with adherence to hypertension treatment in African American women...
- Comparison of data quality for reports and ratings of ambulatory care by African American and White Medicare managed care enrolleesMarie N Fongwa
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
J Aging Health 18:707-21. 2006..Compare missing data and reliability of health care evaluations between African Americans and Whites in Medicare managed care health plans...
- The effectiveness of an advance notice letter on the recruitment of African Americans and Whites for a mailed patient satisfaction surveyANNA M NAPOLES-SPRINGER
University of California, San Francisco, 3333 California Street, Suite 335, San Francisco, CA 94118 1944, USA
J Aging Health 16:124S-36S. 2004..Evaluate an advance notice letter for enhancing patient satisfaction survey response rates in African Americans and Whites...
- Readability estimates for commonly used health-related quality of life surveysSylvia H Paz
Department of Health Services, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Qual Life Res 18:889-900. 2009..To estimate readability of seven commonly used health-related quality of life instruments: SF-36, HUI, EQ-5D, QWB-SA, HALex, Minnesota Living with Heart Failure Questionnaire (MLHFQ), and the NEI-VFQ-25...
- Language and regional differences in evaluations of Medicare managed care by HispanicsRobert Weech-Maldonado
Department of Health Services Research, Management and Policy, University of Florida, 101 S Newell Dr Suite 4151, PO Box 100195, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Health Serv Res 43:552-68. 2008..Evaluations of care are examined in relationship to primary language (English or Spanish) and region of the country...