Genomes and Genes
Daniel R Foltz
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Propagation of centromeric chromatin requires exit from mitosisLars E T Jansen
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Cell Biol 176:795-805. 2007....
- Centromere-specific assembly of CENP-a nucleosomes is mediated by HJURPDaniel R Foltz
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, La Jolla, CA 92093 0670, USA
Cell 137:472-84. 2009..We propose HJURP to be a cell-cycle-regulated CENP-A-specific histone chaperone required for centromeric chromatin assembly...
- The human CENP-A centromeric nucleosome-associated complexDaniel R Foltz
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0670, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:458-69. 2006..The CENP-A NAC is essential, as disruption of the complex causes errors of chromosome alignment and segregation that preclude cell survival despite continued centromere-derived mitotic checkpoint signalling...
- Centromere identity maintained by nucleosomes assembled with histone H3 containing the CENP-A targeting domainBen E Black
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Cell 25:309-22. 2007..These data offer direct support for centromere identity maintained by a unique nucleosome that serves to distinguish the centromere from the rest of the chromosome...
- Structural determinants for generating centromeric chromatinBen E Black
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Nature 430:578-82. 2004..Thus, the centromere-targeting domain of CENP-A confers a unique structural rigidity to the nucleosomes into which it assembles, and is likely to have a role in maintaining centromere identity...
- Kinetochores: orchestrating the chromosomal minuetP Todd Stukenberg
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Curr Biol 20:R522-5. 2010..When it comes to microtubules, kinetochores leave nothing to chance. Recent studies have provided insight into an amazingly choreographed dance between the proteins in the kinetochore and their substrate and power source--the microtubule...