Patrick F Fogarty
Affiliation: University of California
- Large granular lymphocytic proliferation-associated cyclic thrombocytopeniaPatrick F Fogarty
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Hematol 79:334-6. 2005..LGLs decreased in response to treatment with cyclosporine-A (CsA), but the cycling of the platelet count continued. This is the first report of cyclic thrombocytopenia associated with a T-LGL lymphoproliferative disorder...
- Chronic immune thrombocytopenia in adults: epidemiology and clinical presentationPatrick F Fogarty
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Room M 1286, San Francisco, CA 94143 1270, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 23:1213-21. 2009..More systematic analyses, with standardized definitions of cases and adequate duration of follow up, are needed...
- Diagnosis and management of venous thromboembolismTracy Minichiello
Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Med Clin North Am 92:443-65, x. 2008..Although extremely effective, anticoagulants have a narrow therapeutic window; systems should be in place to reduce risk of adverse events associated with these agents...
- High-dose cyclophosphamide with autologous lymphocyte-depleted peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) support for treatment of refractory chronic autoimmune thrombocytopeniaRichard D Huhn
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 101:71-7. 2003..This therapeutic approach is feasible for patients with severe chronic AITP, a substantial proportion of whom may obtain durable remissions. Larger controlled trials are recommended...
- Late presentation of dyskeratosis congenita as apparently acquired aplastic anaemia due to mutations in telomerase RNAPatrick F Fogarty
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, 10 Center Drive, MSC 1652, Bethesda, MD 20892 1652, USA
Lancet 362:1628-30. 2003....
- Resetting the immune system in immune thrombocytopenic purpura: immunoablative strategiesPatrick F Fogarty
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Hematology Service, Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1508, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 1:365-71. 2003..Approaches that will be discussed include conventional chemotherapy, high-dose chemotherapy with and without autologous stem cell support, and allogeneic transplantation...