Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Health care resource use for uterine fibroid tumors in the United StatesMichael Flynn
Division of Gynecological Specialties, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:955-64. 2006..The purpose of this study was to quantify the total direct cost to the US health care system for the management of uterine leiomyomas...
- Outcome of a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial of botulinum A toxin for refractory overactive bladderMichael K Flynn
Division of Urogynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Urol 181:2608-15. 2009..We determined the effectiveness of cystoscopic administration of botulinum-A toxin compared to placebo for the treatment of urinary incontinence in subjects with idiopathic overactive bladder...
- Urinary incontinence secondary to severe labial agglutinationJames Q Pulvino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:253-6. 2008..Lysis of labial adhesions combined with postoperative topical estrogen and steroids appears to be an effective treatment in women with this condition...
- Delayed presentation and successful repair of a recurrent vesicovaginal fistula after hysterectomy and primary abdominal repairMichael K Flynn
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 15:53-5. 2004..Vesicovaginal fistulae can occur spontaneously and remote from surgery. The finding of small fluid-filled cysts in the cuff suggests that rupture of a similar cyst may have led to the formation of the fistula...
- The effect of botulinum-A toxin on patients with severe urge urinary incontinenceMichael K Flynn
Division of Gynecologic Specialties, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Urol 172:2316-20. 2004..Additional studies are needed to determine ideal doses, dosing intervals, safety and cost-effectiveness of this therapy...
- Randomized Trial for Botox for Urinary IncontinenceMichael Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will provide valuable data to allow for further studies on the clinical and cost-effectiveness of Botox for detrusor instability and urge urinary incontinence. ..