T R Flotte
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Controlling neuropathic pain by adeno-associated virus driven production of the anti-inflammatory cytokine, interleukin-10Erin D Milligan
Department of Psychology and the Center for Neuroscience, University of CO at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309 USA
Mol Pain 1:9. 2005..Taken together, these data provide initial support that intrathecal gene therapy to drive the production of IL-10 may prove to be an efficacious treatment for neuropathic pain...
- Recombinant adeno-associated virus vectors for cystic fibrosis gene therapyT R Flotte
Powell Gene Therapy Center, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0266, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 3:497-502. 2001....
- Adeno-associated virus vector-mediated IL-10 gene delivery prevents type 1 diabetes in NOD miceK Goudy
Department of Pathology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13913-8. 2001....
- Gene therapy for cystic fibrosisT R Flotte
University of Florida Genetics Institute, JHMHSC, Gainesville 32610 0266, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 1:510-6. 1999..In this review, the relevant aspects of airway biology, the pathophysiological CF lung disease, and the characteristics of the currently available vector systems are discussed...
- Gene therapy in cystic fibrosisT R Flotte
Powell Gene Therapy Center, University of Florida Genetics Institute, Gainesville, FL, USA
Chest 120:124S-131S. 2001..These findings could lead to more efficient and targeted lung delivery of aerosolized gene vectors in the future...
- Size does matter: overcoming the adeno-associated virus packaging limitT R Flotte
Powell Gene Therapy Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0266, USA
Respir Res 1:16-8. 2000..This technology could improve the chances for successful gene therapy of diseases like cystic fibrosis or Duchenne muscular dystrophy that lead to significant pulmonary morbidity...
- Effect of DNA-dependent protein kinase on the molecular fate of the rAAV2 genome in skeletal muscleS Song
Genetics Institute, Powell Gene Therapy Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:4084-8. 2001..These results indicate that DNA-PK is involved in the formation of circular rAAV episomes...
- Gene therapy progress and prospects: recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vectorsT R Flotte
Department of Pediatrics and the Powell Gene Therapy Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Gene Ther 11:805-10. 2004
- Recombinant adeno-associated virus-mediated alpha-1 antitrypsin gene therapy prevents type I diabetes in NOD miceS Song
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Gene Ther 11:181-6. 2004..This study suggests a potential therapeutic role for AAT in preventing type I diabetes as well as the ability of AAV gene therapy-based approaches to ameliorate disease effectively...
- Approaches and limitations to gene therapy for mitochondrial diseasesR Owen
Powell Gene Therapy Center, University of Florida Genetics Institute, Gainesville 32610-0266, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 3:451-60. 2001..Therefore, gene therapy must be considered as a possible alternative. In this review, we will discuss the possibilities and the problems associated with gene therapy for mitochondrial disorders...