Yvonne N Flores
Affiliation: University of California
- Neighborhood socio-economic disadvantage and race/ethnicity as predictors of breast cancer stage at diagnosisYvonne N Flores
UCLA Department of Health Policy and Management, Center for Cancer Prevention and Control Research, Fielding School of Public Health and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, 650 Charles Young Drive S, A2 125 CHS, Box 956900 6900, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
BMC Public Health 13:1061. 2013..This study investigated the role of key individual- and community-level determinants to explore persisting racial/ethnic disparities in breast cancer stage at diagnosis in California during 1990 and 2000...
- Risk factors for liver disease and associated knowledge and practices among Mexican adults in the US and MexicoYvonne N Flores
School of Public Health and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, 650 Charles Young Drive South, A2 125 CHS, Box 956900, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6900, USA
J Community Health 37:403-11. 2012..Identifying the specific risk factors, levels of knowledge and prevention activities that affect specific racial/ethnic populations is important in order to effectively target efforts to prevent liver disease...
- Prevalence and predictors of alanine aminotransferase elevation among normal weight, overweight and obese youth in MexicoMaura Purcell
UCLA Department of Epidemiology, Fielding School of Public Health, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Dig Dis 14:491-9. 2013..This study aimed to determine the prevalence of and risk factors associated with elevated alanine aminotransferase (ALT) levels among a sample of normal weight, overweight and obese youth from two urban populations in Central Mexico...
- Risk factors for chronic liver disease in Blacks, Mexican Americans, and Whites in the United States: results from NHANES IV, 1999-2004Yvonne N Flores
UCLA Department of Health Services, School of Public Health and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90095 1772, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:2231-8. 2008....
- Hepatitis and liver disease knowledge and preventive practices among health workers in Mexico: a cross-sectional studyNoreen Islam
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, Fielding School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA, 90095, USA
Int J Public Health 59:381-94. 2014..To assess the knowledge and preventive practices regarding hepatitis and liver disease among a sample of participants in the Mexican Health Worker Cohort Study...
- Sexual maturation and metabolic profile among adolescents and children of the Health Worker Cohort Study in MexicoJodie G Katon
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Salud Publica Mex 51:219-26. 2009..Our objective was to investigate the associations between level and timing of sexual development with metabolic profile in a cohort of Mexican adolescents in central Mexico...