Laura L Flores
Affiliation: University of California
- In-house nucleic acid amplification tests for the detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in sputum specimens: meta-analysis and meta-regressionLaura L Flores
Divisions of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
BMC Microbiol 5:55. 2005..Here, we used meta-analytical methods, including meta-regression, to identify factors related to study design and assay protocols that affect test accuracy in order to identify those factors associated with high estimates of accuracy...
- Nucleic acid amplification tests in the diagnosis of tuberculous pleuritis: a systematic review and meta-analysisMadhukar Pai
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health University of California, Berkeley 140, Warren Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
BMC Infect Dis 4:6. 2004..We conducted a systematic review to determine the accuracy of nucleic acid amplification (NAA) tests in the diagnosis of tuberculous pleuritis...
- Commercial nucleic-acid amplification tests for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in respiratory specimens: meta-analysis and meta-regressionDaphne I Ling
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1536. 2008..We performed a meta-analysis on the accuracy of commercial NAATs to diagnose pulmonary TB and meta-regression to identify factors that are associated with higher accuracy...
- Comparison of an interferon-gamma release assay with tuberculin skin testing in HIV-infected individualsAnnie F Luetkemeyer
HIV AIDS Division, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California at San Fracisco, San Francisco, Box 0874, Building 80, 995 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:737-42. 2007..Although interferon (IFN)-gamma release assays are approved for the diagnosis of latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI), limited data exist regarding their performance in HIV infection...
- Diagnostic accuracy of nucleic acid amplification tests for tuberculous meningitis: a systematic review and meta-analysisMadhukar Pai
Division of Epidemiology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 3:633-43. 2003..On current evidence, commercial NAA tests show a potential role in confirming tuberculous meningitis diagnosis, although their overall low sensitivity precludes the use of these tests to rule out tuberculous meningitis with certainty...