Affiliation: University of California
- Classroom social experiences as predictors of academic performanceLisa Flook
Department of Psychology, University of California, 405 Hilgard Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Psychol 41:319-27. 2005..An alternative path with internalizing symptoms predicting declines in peer acceptance was tested and received some support as well. Implications of the findings for schools are discussed...
- Family and school spillover in adolescents' daily livesLisa Flook
University of California, Los Angeles, Box 951759, 77 361 Semel Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1759, USA
Child Dev 79:776-87. 2008..These findings have practical implications for adolescents' academic achievement trajectories and general well-being...
- Mindfulness and attention deficit hyperactivity disorderSusan L Smalley
Mindful Awareness Research Center, Jane and Terry Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Clin Psychol 65:1087-98. 2009..It further suggests that interventions that increase mindfulness might improve symptoms of ADHD and increase self-directedness and/or self-transcendence...
- A social identity approach to ethnic differences in family relationships during adolescenceAndrew J Fuligni
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Adv Child Dev Behav 33:125-52. 2005
- Lessons Learned from "integrating" intensive family-based interventions into medical care settings for mothers living with HIV/AIDS and their adolescent childrenEric Rice
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 7311, USA
AIDS Behav 13:1005-11. 2009..We provide recommendations for how to integrate intensive interventions into medical care, given the needs of MLH, their adolescents, and the organizations serving them...