STEVEN THOMAS FLEMING
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Defining care provided for breast cancer based on medical record review or Medicare claims: information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Patterns of Care StudySteven T Fleming
University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, USA
Ann Epidemiol 22:807-13. 2012..Description of care patterns is important as evidence-based guidelines increasingly dictate care. We explore the level of agreement between claims and record abstraction for guideline concordant multidisciplinary breast cancer care...
- Diabetes and cancer screening rates among Appalachian and non-Appalachian residents of KentuckySteven T Fleming
Departments of Epidemiology and Family and Community Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:682-92. 2011..The objectives of the study were to examine the relationship between diabetes and cancer screening and to determine whether Appalachia residence modifies this association...
- Comorbidity as a predictor of stage of illness for patients with breast cancerSteven T Fleming
Epidemiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 003, USA
Med Care 43:132-40. 2005..The purpose of this research was to determine whether comorbidity affects the stage at which breast cancer is diagnosed...
- Comorbidities and the risk of late-stage prostate cancerSteven T Fleming
University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, KY, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 6:2460-70. 2006..Comorbidities do affect stage at diagnosis, although in different ways. Four hypotheses are discussed to explain these findings...
- Developing a claim-based version of the ACE-27 comorbidity index: a comparison with medical record reviewSteven T Fleming
Department of Epidemiology, University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Med Care 49:752-60. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare the medical record-based ACE-27 instrument to a newly developed administrative claim-based ACE-27 measure...
- Prevalence of colorectal cancer screening among a multimorbid rural Appalachian populationSteven T Fleming
University of Kentucky College of Public Health and the College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
South Med J 104:811-8. 2011..This is the first known study to address multiple morbidities exclusively with a health-disparities population...
- The development and validation of a comorbidity index for prostate cancer among Black menSteven T Fleming
Health Services Management, University of Kentucky, 121 Washington Avenue, Room 113C, Lexington, KY 40536 0003, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 56:1064-75. 2003..The purpose of this study was to develop a comorbidity index specific to Black Men with prostate cancer, because certain comorbidities and prostate cancer are particularly prevalent among this racial group...
- Patient safety in after-hours telephone medicineShersten Killip
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Kentucky, K302 Kentucky Clinic 0284, 740 S Limestone, Lexington, KY 40536 0284, USA
Fam Med 39:404-9. 2007..The research questions were (1) What are the threats to patient safety associated with after-hours telephone medicine and (2) What kinds of errors are made during after-hours telephone medicine?..
- Burden of common multiple-morbidity constellations on out-of-pocket medical expenditures among older adultsNancy E Schoenberg
Department of Behavioral Science, University of Kentucky, 125 College of Medicine Office Building, Lexington, KY 40536 0086, USA
Gerontologist 47:423-37. 2007..2 chronic diseases, contributing to the over 60 million Americans with multiple morbidities. We aimed to understand the financial implications of the most frequent multiple morbidities among older adults...
- Breast and Prostate Cancer Patterns of Care in KentuckySteven Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..