Frank A Fitzpatrick
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Inflammation, carcinogenesis and cancerF A Fitzpatrick
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112 5550, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 1:1651-67. 2001..Simultaneously, the results from the anti-oxidant trials draw attention to an alternate hypothesis, favoring epigenetic inactivation of key tumor suppressors, such as p53, and the consequent liability this places on genomic integrity...
- The immunopharmacology of paclitaxel (Taxol), docetaxel (Taxotere), and related agentsF A Fitzpatrick
Department of Oncological Science, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, 2000 Circle of Hope, Salt Lake City, UT 84103, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 3:1699-714. 2003..Lastly, we discuss the immunopharmacological traits of paclitaxel and docetaxel in terms of their relevance to human clinical pharmacology and toxicology and their activity in animal models of autoimmune disorders...
- Cyclooxygenase enzymes: regulation and functionF A Fitzpatrick
Department of Oncological Sciences and Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 0555, USA
Curr Pharm Des 10:577-88. 2004..e. aspirin) and create new ones that still seek to achieve Hoffman's original goal...
- Curcumin impairs tumor suppressor p53 function in colon cancer cellsPhilip J Moos
Department of Oncological Sciences and Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Utah, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:1611-7. 2004..It disrupts the conformation of the p53 protein required for its serine phosphorylation, its binding to DNA, its transactivation of p53-responsive genes and p53-mediated cell cycle arrest...
- Fiberoptic resonance Raman spectroscopy to measure carotenoid oxidative breakdown in live tissuesBrandon G Bentz
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, 50 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:529-38. 2010..This proof-of-concept study provides the foundation to justify future validation of our Raman prototype...
- Oxidation of 2-Cys-peroxiredoxins by arachidonic acid peroxide metabolites of lipoxygenases and cyclooxygenase-2Pauline Cordray
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, and Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, 2000 Circle of Hope, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 282:32623-9. 2007..A., Poole, L. B, and Karplus P. A. (2003) Science 300, 600-653). Peroxiredoxin-dependent mechanisms may modulate the receptor-dependent actions of autocoids derived from cellular lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase catalysis...
- Punaglandins, chlorinated prostaglandins, function as potent Michael receptors to inhibit ubiquitin isopeptidase activitySheryl M Verbitski
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Utah, 30 South 2000 East, Skaggs Hall, Room 307, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Med Chem 47:2062-70. 2004..These newly characterized proteasome inhibitors may represent a new chemical class of cancer therapeutics...