Affiliation: University of California
- Potential impact on patient residence to hospital travel distance and access to care under a policy of preferential referral to high-volume knee replacement hospitalsJohn D FitzGerald
University of California Los Angeles, 1000 Veteran Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1670, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:890-7. 2012....
- Patient quality of life during the 12 months following joint replacement surgeryJohn D FitzGerald
David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arthritis Rheum 51:100-9. 2004..To determine whether preoperative characteristics influence quality of life outcomes 1, 6, and 12 months after joint replacement surgery...
- Impact of changes in Medicare Home Health care reimbursement on month-to-month Home Health utilization between 1996 and 2001 for a national sample of patients undergoing orthopedic proceduresJohn D FitzGerald
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1670, USA
Med Care 44:870-8. 2006..Reimbursements were first significantly reduced under the Interim Payment System (IPS) and then relaxed slightly until implementation of the HH Prospective Payment System (PPS) on October 1, 2000...
- Changes in regional variation of Medicare home health care utilization and service mix for patients undergoing major orthopedic procedures in response to changes in reimbursement policyJohn D FitzGerald
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, UCLA Med Rheum, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1670, USA
Health Serv Res 44:1232-52. 2009..Under Medicare's Home Health Interim and Prospective Payment Systems, reimbursement policies designed to curb expenditure growth and reduce regional variation were instituted...
- High plasma leptin levels confer increased risk of atherosclerosis in women with systemic lupus erythematosus, and are associated with inflammatory oxidised lipidsMaureen McMahon
Division Department of Rheumatology, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1619-24. 2011..High levels of leptin and low levels of adiponectin are associated with both atherosclerosis and immunomodulatory functions in the general population...
- Low physical activity is associated with proinflammatory high-density lipoprotein and increased subclinical atherosclerosis in women with systemic lupus erythematosusElizabeth R Volkmann
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1670, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:258-65. 2010..To investigate the association between physical activity, functional activity of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), and subclinical cardiovascular disease in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Current issues in joint replacement surgeryHaoling H Weng
Rheumatology Rehabilitation Center, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 18:163-9. 2006..We wish to highlight the key findings in the literature about variations in utilization, timing of procedure, outcomes, and minimally invasive techniques...
- Stress activation of cellular markers of inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis: protective effects of tumor necrosis factor alpha antagonistsSarosh J Motivala
UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 7076, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:376-83. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether RA patients show increased monocyte production of TNFalpha following acute psychological stress and whether such responses are abrogated in RA patients taking TNFalpha antagonists...
- Proinflammatory high-density lipoprotein as a biomarker for atherosclerosis in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritisMaureen McMahon
University of California at Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2541-9. 2006..This study was undertaken to determine whether patients with SLE, who have chronic inflammation that causes oxidative damage, have more proinflammatory HDL and higher levels of ox-LDL, thus predisposing them to atherosclerosis...
- Case finding for population-based studies of rheumatoid arthritis: comparison of patient self-reported ACR criteria-based algorithms to physician-implicit review for diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritisHonghu Liu
UCLA Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1736, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 33:302-10. 2004..To evaluate the interrater reliability of rheumatologist diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and the concordance between rheumatologist and computer algorithms for assessing the accuracy of a diagnosis of RA...
- Cholesterol efflux by high density lipoproteins is impaired in patients with active rheumatoid arthritisChristina Charles-Schoeman
Medicine Rheumatology, Rm 32 59, UCLA, 1000 Veteran Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90095 USA
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1157-62. 2012..In the current work, the authors evaluated whether the RCT capacity of HDL from rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients is impaired when compared to healthy controls...
- Dysfunctional proinflammatory high-density lipoproteins confer increased risk of atherosclerosis in women with systemic lupus erythematosusMaureen McMahon
David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA Medical Center, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:2428-37. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine whether dysfunctional proinflammatory HDL (piHDL) is associated with subclinical atherosclerosis in SLE...
- Protection against renal disease in (NZB x NZW)F(1) lupus-prone mice after somatic B cell gene vaccination with anti-DNA immunoglobulin consensus peptideFrancesca Ferrera
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:1945-53. 2007..The purpose of the present study was to test our hypothesis that T cells that recognize an Ig consensus sequence presented by B cells will modulate lupus-like disease in mice...
- Impact of the Medicare Short Stay Transfer Policy on patients undergoing major orthopedic surgeryJohn D FitzGerald
Rehabilitation Center, School of Medicine, University of California, Room 32 59, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1670, USA
Health Serv Res 42:25-44. 2007..To examine the impact of the Short Stay Transfer Policy (SSTP) on practice patterns...
- Correlation of the degree of dyspnea with health-related quality of life, functional abilities, and diffusing capacity for carbon monoxide in patients with systemic sclerosis and active alveolitis: results from the Scleroderma Lung StudyDinesh Khanna
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:592-600. 2005....