Richard I Fisher
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- New treatment options have changed the survival of patients with follicular lymphomaRichard I Fisher
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8447-52. 2005..However, multiple new treatment options have been developed in the last decade, and their impact on survival of follicular lymphoma remains unknown...
- Multicenter phase II study of bortezomib in patients with relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphomaRichard I Fisher
University of Rochester, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Rochester, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4867-74. 2006..Evaluate response rate, duration of response (DOR), time-to-progression (TTP), overall survival (OS), and safety of bortezomib treatment in patients with relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- Tositumomab and iodine-131 tositumomab produces durable complete remissions in a subset of heavily pretreated patients with low-grade and transformed non-Hodgkin's lymphomasRichard I Fisher
University of Rochester School of Medicine, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 704, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7565-73. 2005....
- Involved field radiation after autologous stem cell transplant for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab eraTithi Biswas
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:79-85. 2010..We evaluated the role of involved field radiation therapy (IFRT) post-ASCT for patients initially induced with cyclophosphamide, adriamycin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) or, more recently, rituximab-CHOP (R-CHOP)...
- Advances in the treatment of hematologic malignancies. Part 1 of a 3-part series: Aggressive lymphomasRichard I Fisher
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, NY, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 4:suppl 1, 4-9; discussion suppl 10; quiz 2 p following suppl 10. 2006..Recent and ongoing studies are moving us closer towards that goal...
- Late relapses following high-dose autologous stem cell transplantation (HD-ASCT) for Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) in the ABVD therapeutic eraSarah F Keller
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:640-7. 2012..Our results emphasize the importance of long-term follow-up for both toxicity and recurrence, and have important implications in defining success of posttransplantation maintenance strategies...
- The combination of bendamustine, bortezomib, and rituximab for patients with relapsed/refractory indolent and mantle cell non-Hodgkin lymphomaJonathan W Friedberg
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NYm, USA
Blood 117:2807-12. 2011..On the basis of these promising results, the US cooperative groups have initiated randomized trials to evaluate this regimen in follicular and mantle cell lymphoma. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00547534...
- Rituximab-CHOP versus CHOP alone or with maintenance rituximab in older patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaThomas M Habermann
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3121-7. 2006....
- Natural history of CNS relapse in patients with aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a 20-year follow-up analysis of SWOG 8516 -- the Southwest Oncology GroupSteven H Bernstein
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:114-9. 2009..To investigate the incidence, natural history, and risk factors predictive of CNS relapse in patients with de novo aggressive lymphomas and to evaluate the efficacy of CNS prophylaxis in patients with initial bone marrow (BM) involvement...
- Novel concepts in radioimmunotherapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJulia Schaefer-Cutillo
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 21:203-12; discussion 214, 217, 221. 2007....
- Phase II study of a TLR-9 agonist (1018 ISS) with rituximab in patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphomaJonathan W Friedberg
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Br J Haematol 146:282-91. 2009..This study is the first to histologically confirm perturbation of the local immune microenvironment following systemic biological therapy of follicular lymphoma...
- Incidence and predictors of low chemotherapy dose-intensity in aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a nationwide studyGary H Lyman
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4302-11. 2004..To assess the incidence of and risk factors for reduced relative dose-intensity (RDI) in patients treated with chemotherapy for aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Iodine-131 tositumomab (Bexxar): radioimmunoconjugate therapy for indolent and transformed B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJonathan W Friedberg
Lymphoma Program, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 4:18-26. 2004..Studies are also addressing the role of iodine-131 tositumomab as a component of initial therapy for indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and in additional histologies of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Rituximab immunotherapy results in the induction of a lymphoma idiotype-specific T-cell response in patients with follicular lymphoma: support for a "vaccinal effect" of rituximabShannon P Hilchey
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences, and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Blood 113:3809-12. 2009..Our data thus provide "proof of principle" for the ability of passive immunotherapy with rituximab to elicit an active FL-specific cellular response...
- Profound hypogammaglobulinemia 7 years after treatment for indolent lymphomaAlison R Walker
University of Rochester, Hematology Oncology, Rochester, New York 14642, USA alison
Cancer Invest 26:431-3. 2008..The patient was started on monthly intravenous immunoglobulin treatments with complete resolution of her symptoms...
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphomaJonathan W Friedberg
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 704, Room 1 4118C, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 22:941-52, ix. 2008....
- B cell reconstitution after rituximab treatment of lymphoma recapitulates B cell ontogenyJennifer H Anolik
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Clin Immunol 122:139-45. 2007..0001). Expansion of functionally immature B cells and decreased memory B cells may contribute to an immunodeficient state in patients recovering from rituximab mediated B cell depletion, particularly with repeated treatment...
- Thromboembolism in hospitalized neutropenic cancer patientsAlok A Khorana
James P Wilmot Cancer Center and the Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:484-90. 2006..We investigated venous and arterial thromboembolism and associated outcomes in hospitalized cancer patients actively receiving therapy, as identified by neutropenia...
- The epidemiology of non-Hodgkin's lymphomaSusan G Fisher
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 644, New York 14642, USA
Oncogene 23:6524-34. 2004..We must build on our current knowledge regarding the etiology of NHL in order that prevention, treatment, and ultimately, cure of this malignancy becomes a reality...
- Outcomes of patients with Burkitt lymphoma older than age 40 treated with intensive chemotherapeutic regimensJennifer L Kelly
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 9:307-10. 2009....
- Diffuse large B-cell NHLJonathan W Friedberg
University of Rochester Medical Center, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Lymphoma Program 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 704 Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cancer Treat Res 131:121-40. 2006
- Overview of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: biology, staging, and treatmentRichard I Fisher
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Semin Oncol 30:3-9. 2003..Recent data suggest that high-dose therapy with stem cell support may be the treatment of choice for patients with relapsed aggressive lymphomas that remain chemosensitive...
- Treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphomasRichard I Fisher
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Semin Hematol 43:205-6. 2006
- The emerging concept of antigen-driven lymphomas: epidemiology and treatment implicationsSusan G Fisher
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Community and Preventive Medicine and James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 18:417-24. 2006..This review discusses the current evidence for the role of foreign or self antigens in the initiation of lymphomagenesis...
- The role of cytotoxic therapy with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in the treatment of diffuse large cell B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaTheresa Hahn
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:667. 2003
- Phase II trial of CHOP chemotherapy followed by tositumomab/iodine I-131 tositumomab for previously untreated follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: five-year follow-up of Southwest Oncology Group Protocol S9911Oliver W Press
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4143-9. 2006..This study was performed to determine the efficacy of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) chemotherapy followed by tositumomab/iodine I-131 tositumomab...
- Overview of Southwest Oncology Group clinical trials in non-Hodgkin lymphomaRichard I Fisher
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 3:544-6. 2005
- Combination of fludarabine and mitoxantrone in untreated stages III and IV low-grade lymphoma: S9501William S Velasquez
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1996-2003. 2003..To determine the efficacy of combination fludarabine and mitoxantrone (FN) in untreated stages III and IV low-grade lymphoma. The major end point was to estimate progression-free survival (PFS) in all eligible patients...
- Total body irradiation, etoposide, cyclophosphamide, and autologous peripheral blood stem-cell transplantation followed by randomization to therapy with interleukin-2 versus observation for patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma: results of a phase 3 randomizJohn A Thompson
Puget Sound Oncology Consortium, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 111:4048-54. 2008..Posttransplantation IL-2 given at this dose and schedule of administration had no significant effect on PFS or OS. This study is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00002649...
- Phase II study of rituximab plus three cycles of CHOP and involved-field radiotherapy for patients with limited-stage aggressive B-cell lymphoma: Southwest Oncology Group study 0014Daniel O Persky
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2258-63. 2008....
- Autologous stem-cell transplantation as a component of initial treatment for poor-risk patients with aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: resolved issues versus remaining opportunityRichard I Fisher
J Clin Oncol 20:4411-2. 2002
- Prediction of survival in follicular lymphoma based on molecular features of tumor-infiltrating immune cellsSandeep S Dave
National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2159-69. 2004..We used gene-expression profiles of tumor-biopsy specimens obtained at diagnosis to develop a molecular predictor of the length of survival...
- The value of augmented preparative regimens combined with an autologous bone marrow transplant for the management of relapsed or refractory Hodgkin disease: a Southwest Oncology Group phase II trialPatrick J Stiff
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:529-39. 2003..A poor-prognosis group was identified that should be treated with novel therapies...
- Mantle cell lymphoma: at last, some hope for successful innovative treatment strategiesRichard I Fisher
J Clin Oncol 23:657-8. 2005
- Dose-intense chemotherapy every 2 weeks with dose-intense cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone may improve survival in intermediate- and high-grade lymphoma: a phase II study of the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG 9349)Douglas W Blayney
Wilshire Oncology Medical Group, Inc, Pasadena, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2466-73. 2003....
- A phase 2 trial of CHOP chemotherapy followed by tositumomab/iodine I 131 tositumomab for previously untreated follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Southwest Oncology Group Protocol S9911Oliver W Press
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, D3 190, 1100 Fairview Ave, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 102:1606-12. 2003..This novel treatment appears promising compared with the SWOG's historical experience using CHOP alone and is currently being compared with CHOP plus rituximab in a randomized phase 3 trial (S0016)...
- Overview of Southwest Oncology Group Clinical Trials in non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. S0016. A phase III trial of CHOP vs CHOP + rituximab vs CHOP + iodine131-labeled monoclonal anti-B1 antibody (tositumomab) for treatment of newly diagnosed follicular NHLRichard I Fisher
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 3:544-6. 2005
- Randomized comparison of ABVD and MOPP/ABV hybrid for the treatment of advanced Hodgkin's disease: report of an intergroup trialDavid B Duggan
Department of Medicine, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:607-14. 2003..We compared these regimens as initial chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease...
- Prognostic significance of Bcl-6 protein expression in DLBCL treated with CHOP or R-CHOP: a prospective correlative studyJane N Winter
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Blood 107:4207-13. 2006..Our finding that Bcl-6(+) cases did not benefit from the addition of R to CHOP requires independent confirmation...
- The use of molecular profiling to predict survival after chemotherapy for diffuse large-B-cell lymphomaAndreas Rosenwald
Metabolism Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 346:1937-47. 2002..The survival of patients with diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma after chemotherapy is influenced by molecular features of the tumors. We used the gene-expression profiles of these lymphomas to develop a molecular predictor of survival...
- The proliferation gene expression signature is a quantitative integrator of oncogenic events that predicts survival in mantle cell lymphomaAndreas Rosenwald
The Lymphoma Leukemia Molecular Profiling Project, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Cell 3:185-97. 2003..We propose a quantitative model of the aberrant cell cycle regulation in MCL that provides a rationale for the design of cell cycle inhibitor therapy in this malignancy...
- Health status and quality of life in patients with early-stage Hodgkin's disease treated on Southwest Oncology Group Study 9133Patricia A Ganz
University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3512-9. 2003....
- Molecular diagnosis of primary mediastinal B cell lymphoma identifies a clinically favorable subgroup of diffuse large B cell lymphoma related to Hodgkin lymphomaAndreas Rosenwald
Metabolism Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 198:851-62. 2003..The molecular diagnosis of PMBL should significantly aid in the development of therapies tailored to this clinically and pathogenetically distinctive subgroup of DLBCL...
- Prospective study of sequential reduction in immunosuppression, interferon alpha-2B, and chemotherapy for posttransplantation lymphoproliferative disorderLode J Swinnen
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Cancer Research Building 2M89, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Transplantation 86:215-22. 2008..The design predated rituximab...
- Loss of MHC class II gene and protein expression in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma is related to decreased tumor immunosurveillance and poor patient survival regardless of other prognostic factors: a follow-up study from the Leukemia and Lymphoma MolecularLisa M Rimsza
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, 1501 N Campbell Ave, PO Box 245043, Tucson, AZ 85724 5043, USA
Blood 103:4251-8. 2004..8% versus 11.0%; P =.001), supporting the hypothesis that loss of tumor immunosurveillance has a devastating effect on patient outcome in DLBCL...
- Venous thromboembolism in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaRami S Komrokji
Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Veterans Administration Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0501, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 47:1029-33. 2006..2 years (95% CI 1.8 - 8.6) for those without VTE (P = 0.038). We conclude that VTE is a frequent complication of DLBCL that occurs particularly at diagnosis and during initial therapy, and it is associated with a worse prognosis...
- Loss of major histocompatibility class II expression in non-immune-privileged site diffuse large B-cell lymphoma is highly coordinated and not due to chromosomal deletionsLisa M Rimsza
Department of Pathology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5043, USA
Blood 107:1101-7. 2006..Large deletions of the MHCII locus are uncommon in non-IP-DLBCL, implicating altered transcription as the operative mechanism for decreased expression...
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma subgroups have distinct genetic profiles that influence tumor biology and improve gene-expression-based survival predictionSilvia Bea
Department of Pathology and Hematology Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Blood 106:3183-90. 2005..In addition, gains involving the chromosomal region 3p11-p12 provided prognostic information that was statistically independent of the previously defined gene-expression-based survival model, thereby improving its predictive power...
- Alteration of SMRT tumor suppressor function in transformed non-Hodgkin lymphomasLynda Song
Department of Medicine, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Cancer Res 65:4554-61. 2005..Assessment of cDNA array profiles should further help us to design a working model for SMRT involvement in non-Hodgkin lymphoma transformation as a novel, nonclassical tumor suppressor...
- Revised response criteria for malignant lymphomaBruce D Cheson
Division of Hematology Oncology, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:579-86. 2007..Standardized response criteria are needed to interpret and compare clinical trials and for approval of new therapeutic agents by regulatory agencies...
- Point mutations and genomic deletions in CCND1 create stable truncated cyclin D1 mRNAs that are associated with increased proliferation rate and shorter survivalAdrian Wiestner
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 109:4599-606. 2007..We conclude that alterations of CCND1 3'UTR structure can significantly increase its oncogenic effect and worsen the clinical course of MCL patients...
- Aberrant immunoglobulin class switch recombination and switch translocations in activated B cell-like diffuse large B cell lymphomaGeorg Lenz
Metabolism Branch, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute NCI, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 204:633-43. 2007..Accordingly, aberrant switch recombination was responsible for translocations in ABC DLBCLs involving BCL6, MYC, and a novel translocation partner, SPIB...
- Follicular lymphoma international prognostic indexPhilippe Solal-Celigny
Centre Jean Bernard, 9 rue Beauverger, 72000 Le Mans, France
Blood 104:1258-65. 2004..Results were very similar in the confirmation group. The FLIPI may be used for improving treatment choices, comparing clinical trials, and designing studies to evaluate new treatments...
- Molecular diagnosis of Burkitt's lymphomaSandeep S Dave
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 354:2431-42. 2006..We examined whether gene-expression profiling could reliably distinguish Burkitt's lymphoma from diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma...
- SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUPRichard Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUPRichard Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUPRichard Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2007..and prevention initiatives; 5) provide wide dissemination of information through quality and timely data collection and publications; 6) continue service to the administrative agenda of the Southwest Oncology Groul: ..