Affiliation: University of California
- Self and other in schizophrenia: a cognitive neuroscience perspectiveMelissa Fisher
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1465-72. 2008..The authors assessed self-referential source memory and social cognition in a large sample of schizophrenia outpatients and healthy comparison subjects in order to compare how these critical processes are associated in the two groups...
- When top-down meets bottom-up: auditory training enhances verbal memory in schizophreniaR Alison Adcock
Duke University Department of Psychiatry and Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Schizophr Bull 35:1132-41. 2009..We conclude with the observation that neuroplasticity-based cognitive training brings patients closer to physiological patterns seen in healthy participants, suggesting that it changes the brain in an adaptive manner in schizophrenia...
- Computerized cognitive training restores neural activity within the reality monitoring network in schizophreniaKaruna Subramaniam
San Francisco Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Neuron 73:842-53. 2012..These findings demonstrate that a serious behavioral deficit in schizophrenia, and its underlying neural dysfunction, can be improved by well-designed computerized cognitive training, resulting in better quality of life...
- Neuroplasticity-based cognitive training in schizophrenia: an interim report on the effects 6 months laterMelissa Fisher
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco and San Francisco VA Medical Center, CA 94121, USA
Schizophr Bull 36:869-79. 2010..Using an innovative neuroplasticity-based cognitive training approach, we report our interim findings on the effects on cognition and functional outcome at 6 months after treatment...
- Is serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor a biomarker for cognitive enhancement in schizophrenia?Sophia Vinogradov
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Biol Psychiatry 66:549-53. 2009..We asked: would neuroplasticity-based cognitive training in schizophrenia result in increased serum BDNF?..
- Clinical symptoms and alpha band resting-state functional connectivity imaging in patients with schizophrenia: implications for novel approaches to treatmentLeighton B N Hinkley
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Biol Psychiatry 70:1134-42. 2011....
- Evidence for an emotion maintenance deficit in schizophreniaDavid E Gard
Department of Psychology, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, USA
Psychiatry Res 187:24-9. 2011..These findings suggest that some aspects of impaired emotion maintenance in schizophrenia may be related to deficits in motivated behavior...
- Timing is everything: neural response dynamics during syllable processing and its relation to higher-order cognition in schizophrenia and healthy comparison subjectsCorby L Dale
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 75:183-93. 2010....
- Using neuroplasticity-based auditory training to improve verbal memory in schizophreniaMelissa Fisher
Department of Psychiatry, UCSF SFVAMC, Mail Code 116c, 4150 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:805-11. 2009..The authors report interim findings in this ongoing study...
- Cognitive interventions targeting brain plasticity in the prodromal and early phases of schizophreniaMelissa Fisher
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Annu Rev Clin Psychol 9:435-63. 2013....
- The cognitive cost of anticholinergic burden: decreased response to cognitive training in schizophreniaSophia Vinogradov
Department of Psychiatry, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1055-62. 2009..The authors examined the relationship between serum anticholinergic activity and baseline cognitive performance and response to computerized cognitive training in outpatients with schizophrenia...
- Cognitive training for impaired neural systems in neuropsychiatric illnessSophia Vinogradov
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:43-76. 2012..We summarize work to date using such neuroscience-informed methods and indicate some of the exciting future directions of this field...