Mary E Fischer
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Taste intensity in the Beaver Dam Offspring StudyMary E Fischer
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53726 2336, USA
Laryngoscope 123:1399-404. 2013..To determine the distribution of the perceived intensity of salt, sweet, sour, and bitter in a large population and to investigate factors associated with perceived taste intensity...
- Determinants of hearing aid acquisition in older adultsMary E Fischer
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53726 2336, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1449-55. 2011..We determined factors associated with hearing aid acquisition in older adults...
- Olfactory impairment in an adult population: the Beaver Dam Offspring StudyCarla R Schubert
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 610 Walnut Street, Room 1087 WARF, Madison, WI 53726 2336, USA
Chem Senses 37:325-34. 2012..The prevalence of olfactory impairment was low in this largely middle-aged cohort, and some factors associated with olfactory impairment are potentially modifiable...
- Changes in environmental tobacco smoke exposure: the Beaver Dam experienceMargarete A Wichmann
University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine and Public Health, Department of Population Health Sciences, Madison, WI 53726 2397, USA
WMJ 112:53-7. 2013..Our goal was to determine if ETS exposure changed between 1998-2000 and 2003-2005 among participants in the population-based Epidemiology of Hearing Loss Study...
- Multiple sensory impairment and quality of lifeMary E Fischer
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 16:346-53. 2009..To evaluate the independent impact of vision, hearing, and olfactory impairment on quality of life...