Kenneth J Fischer
Affiliation: University of Kansas
- MRI-based modeling for radiocarpal joint mechanics: validation criteria and results for four specimen-specific modelsKenneth J Fischer
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045 7609, USA
J Biomech Eng 133:101004. 2011..Average contact pressure, and peak contact pressure were more variable from all measurement techniques, and these measures from MRI-based modeling should be used with some caution...
- Mechanical evaluation of bone samples following alendronate therapy in healthy male dogsKenneth J Fischer
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7609, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 76:143-8. 2006..Our results indicate bisphosphonate treatment in healthy canines does not weaken the properties of bone. The trends indicate a slight positive overall effect of alendronate treatment on the mechanical properties of healthy canine bone...
- Density-based load estimation using two-dimensional finite element models: a parametric studyMax A Bona
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin 9:221-9. 2006..It is also shown that the number of columns of nodes used as multipoint constraints does not have a significant effect on the method...
- Scapholunate ligament injury adversely alters in vivo wrist joint mechanics: an MRI-based modeling studyJoshua E Johnson
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, 1530 W 15th St, 3138 Learned Hall, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
J Orthop Res 31:1455-60. 2013..Intercentroid distances also increased significantly with injury. This study provides novel in vivo contact mechanics data from scapholunate ligament injury and confirms detrimental alterations as a result of injury...
- Effectiveness of surgical reconstruction to restore radiocarpal joint mechanics after scapholunate ligament injury: an in vivo modeling studyJoshua E Johnson
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, 3138 Learned Hall, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
J Biomech 46:1548-53. 2013..With further work, it may be possible to more effectively differentiate between treatments and degenerative changes based on in vivo contact mechanics data...
- A contact algorithm for density-based load estimationMax A Bona
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, Learned Hall, 1530 W 15th St, Room 3138, Lawrence, KS 66045 7609, USA
J Biomech 39:636-44. 2006..The ultimate goal is to develop a technique that can predict dominant joint loading patterns and relate these loading patterns to specific types of locomotion and/or activities...
- MRI-based modeling for evaluation of in vivo contact mechanics in the human wrist during active light graspRavi R Pillai
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Kansas, Learned Hall 1530 W 15th St, Room 3138 Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7609, USA
J Biomech 40:2781-7. 2007..Overall, the results of the study suggest that MRI-based modeling has substantial potential for evaluation of in vivo joint contact mechanics, especially as technology and methodology improve...
- MRI-Based Modeling to Evaluate Surgical Efficacy for Reduced OA RiskKenneth J Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2010....