Ellen P Fischer
Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Priorities of consumers, providers, and family members in the treatment of schizophreniaEllen P Fischer
Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development, Center for Mental Healthcare and Outcomes Research, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock 72214, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:724-9. 2002..This study explored the extent and nature of agreement on outcome and service priorities between consumers, their providers, and their family members as well as providers' and family members' awareness of consumers' priorities...
- Shared decision-making and evidence-based practice: a commentaryEllen P Fischer
HSR and D Center for Mental Healthcare and Outcomes Research, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, AR, USA
Community Ment Health J 42:107-11. 2006
- Influence of family involvement and substance use on sustained utilization of services for schizophreniaEllen P Fischer
Center for Mental Healthcare and Outcomes Research, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, 2200 Fort Roots Dr, Bldg 58 152 NLR, North Little Rock, AR 72114 1706, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:902-8. 2008..This observational study assessed the influence of family support and substance abuse on patterns of service use by individuals with schizophrenia...
- Longitudinal patterns of health system retention among veterans with schizophrenia or bipolar disorderEllen P Fischer
Center for Mental Healthcare and Outcomes Research, HSR and D, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, North Little Rock, AR 72114 1706, USA
Community Ment Health J 44:321-30. 2008..The influence of gender and ethnicity on attrition varied by diagnosis and gap-duration. Variation in attrition by gender and ethnicity warrants additional attention...
- Clinical practice variations in prescribing antipsychotics for patients with schizophreniaRichard R Owen
Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Health Services Research and Development Center for Mental Healthcare and Outcomes Research, North Little Rock, AR 72114 1706, USA
Am J Med Qual 18:140-6. 2003..To adequately assess quality and inform and possibly further develop clinical practice guideline recommendations for schizophrenia, well-designed research studies conducted in routine clinical settings are needed...
- Going the distance: overcoming challenges in recruitment and retention of Black and White women in multisite, longitudinal study of predictors of coronary heart diseaseJean C McSweeney
College of Nursing, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Res Gerontol Nurs 2:256-64. 2009..We believe these and other strategies described in this article were responsible for our high retention rate...
- Using an explicit guideline-based criterion and implicit review to assess antipsychotic dosing performance for schizophreniaRichard R Owen
Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development Service, Center for Mental Healthcare and Outcomes Research, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock 72114 1706, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 14:199-206. 2002..Using structured implicit review as the gold standard, this study assessed the sensitivity and specificity of an explicit antipsychotic dose criterion derived from schizophrenia guidelines...
- HIV risk behaviors among rural stimulant users: variation by gender and race/ethnicityPatricia B Wright
Division of Health Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 19:137-50. 2007..9, CI = 1.47-10.09; p = .006). These findings indicate HIV prevention efforts should be tailored to address gender and racial/ethnic differences in risk behaviors among rural stimulant users...
- Women's prehospital delay associated with myocardial infarction: does race really matter?Jean C McSweeney
College of Nursing, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 22:279-85; quiz 286-7. 2007..This secondary data analysis compares duration and correlates of delay in treatment seeking by race following onset of AMI symptoms...
- Rates of enrollment in smoking cessation services following fax referrals from a children's hospitalLaura L Sisterhen
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202 3591, USA
Acad Pediatr 10:200-4. 2010....
- The family forum: directions for the implementation of family psychoeducation for severe mental illnessAmy N Cohen
Greater Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Healthcare Center, Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:40-8. 2008..The article describes opportunities for the research and clinical communities to expand the proportion of families served...
- Veterans Affairs Health System and mental health treatment retention among patients with serious mental illness: evaluating accessibility and availability barriersJohn F McCarthy
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Health Serv Res 42:1042-60. 2007..We examine the impact of two dimensions of access-geographic accessibility and availability-on VA health system and mental health treatment retention among patients with serious mental illness (SMI)...
- The Schizophrenia Care and Assessment Program Health Questionnaire (SCAP-HQ): an instrument to assess outcomes of schizophrenia careAnthony F Lehman
Center for Mental Health Services Research, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Schizophr Bull 29:247-56. 2003..This new measure represents an advance in the development of outcome measures for schizophrenia for use in large-scale studies of routine care...