C J Finno
Affiliation: University of California
- A comparative review of vitamin E and associated equine disordersC J Finno
Department of Veterinary Population Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN, USA
J Vet Intern Med 26:1251-66. 2012..Particular emphasis is placed on the proteins involved in vitamin E absorption, transport, and metabolism as potential candidates for vitamin E-associated diseases across species...
- Electrophysiological studies in American Quarter horses with neuroaxonal dystrophyCarrie J Finno
Population Health and Reproduction, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Vet Ophthalmol 15:3-7. 2012..HORSES: Six NAD/EDM-affected QHs and six unaffected QHs were evaluated by ophthalmic examination and electroretinography. Five of the NAD/EDM-affected QH and five unaffected QHs were also evaluated by electroencephalography (EEG)...
- Equine degenerative myeloencephalopathy in Lusitano horsesC J Finno
William R Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Vet Intern Med 25:1439-46. 2011..Equine degenerative myeloencephalopathy (EDM) is a neurodegenerative disorder that has been previously associated with low vitamin E concentrations...
- Effect of fitness on glucose, insulin and cortisol responses to diets varying in starch and fat content in Thoroughbred horses with recurrent exertional rhabdomyolysisC J Finno
University Of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center, USA
Equine Vet J 42:323-8. 2010..Recurrent exertional rhabdomyolysis (RER) occurs in fit, nervous Thoroughbreds fed high nonstructural carbohydrate (NSC) diets. Clinical signs are diminished by feeding low NSC, high fat diets; however, the mechanism is unclear...
- Pedigree analysis and exclusion of alpha-tocopherol transfer protein (TTPA) as a candidate gene for neuroaxonal dystrophy in the American Quarter HorseC J Finno
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, CA, USA
J Vet Intern Med 27:177-85. 2013..To evaluate variants found upon sequencing TTPA in the horse, the mode of inheritance for NAD/EDM had to be established...
- Endogenous transplacental transmission of Neospora hughesi in naturally infected horsesN Pusterla
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Parasitol 97:281-5. 2011..hughesi. Only 1 placenta collected in 2007 from the mare with the 2 congenitally infected foals tested PCR positive for N. hughesi. In conclusion, N. hughesi persisted in this population via endogenous transplacental infection...