Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- Stages of change for psychotropic medication adherence and substance cessationDeborah S Finnell
The State University of New York, University at Buffalo School of Nursing, Buffalo, NY 14214 3079, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 20:166-74. 2006..Stage advancement for dual behaviors was evident. Integrated treatment programs for this population may be further enhanced by providing interventions that promote psychotropic medication adherence...
- Use of the Transtheoretical Model for individuals with co-occurring disordersDeborah S Finnell
School of Nursing, The State University of New York, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Community Ment Health J 39:3-15. 2003..There was partial support for the theory. The findings suggest that individuals with co-occurring disorders require support and clinical interventions throughout the entire change process...
- Psychometric properties of the decisional balance for patient choice in substance abuse treatmentDeborah S Finnell
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, School of Nursing, Buffalo, New York, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 32:243-9. 2011..The model fit was acceptable (CFI = 0.904). Internal consistency of the measure was established. The final 22-item measure revealed sound psychometric properties, but further testing is warranted...
- Applying the transtheoretical model to health care proxy completionDeborah S Finnell
School of Nursing, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214 3079, USA
Med Decis Making 31:254-9. 2011....
- Development of the patient-centered recovery resource system for veterans on long-term mental health medicationsDeborah S Finnell
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, School of Nursing, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 25:235-44. 2011..The goal of this patient-driven, patient-centered Recovery Resource System is to improve health outcomes and quality of life among those with chronic mental disorders...
- Health diaries for self-monitoring and self-regulation: applications to individuals with serious mental illnessDeborah Finnell
School of Nursing, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214 3079, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 28:1293-307. 2007..A self-regulation model is discussed in using health diaries as self-monitoring and self-regulation tools for individuals with various mental health disorders...
- The effectiveness of interventions to increase advance directive completion ratesMary Ann Jezewski
School of Nursing, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 921 Kimball Tower, Buffalo, NY 14214 3079, USA
J Aging Health 19:519-36. 2007..This study synthesizes the state of the science regarding effectiveness of interventions to increase AD completion rates...
- Survey on addictions: toward curricular change for family nurse practitionersNancy Campbell-Heider
University at Buffalo, USA
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 6:Article4. 2009..Respondents reported a mean of less than three hours addictions education in their graduate programs in contrast to their high perceived importance of this clinical area...
- Spirituality in nursing and health-related literature: a concept analysisLoralee Sessanna
The State University of New York, School of Nursing, University at Buffalo, USA
J Holist Nurs 25:252-62; discussion 263-4. 2007....
- Family caregivers and cancer pain management: a reviewMary Ann Meeker
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, USA
J Fam Nurs 17:29-60. 2011..When clinicians better understand and respond to the needs of the family caregivers, they can enhance the quality of life and care outcomes for both patients and their caregivers...
- Psychometric testing of four transtheoretical model questionnaires for the behavior, completing health care proxiesMary Ann Jezewski
School of Nursing, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 201C Wende Hall, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Res Nurs Health 32:606-20. 2009..Confirmatory factor analysis provided evidence that decisional balance and the processes of change questionnaires each contained two factors. Our data support validity and reliability of the TTM questionnaires related to HCP completion...