B K Finch
Affiliation: University of California
- Validity of self-rated health among Latino(a)sBrian Karl Finch
School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Am J Epidemiol 155:755-9. 2002..Health researchers wishing to use SRH to assess the physical health of multiethnic populations should at least control for levels of acculturation among respondents...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in infant mortality: the role of behavioral factorsB K Finch
Department of Sociology, Florida State University and School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Soc Biol 47:244-63. 2000..Our results suggest that behavioral factors are partially responsible for observed race/ethnic differentials in infant mortality, but are not as important as sociostructural determinants such as SES...
- Perceived discrimination and depression among Mexican-origin adults in CaliforniaB K Finch
Department of Sociology, Florida State University, Tallahassee 32306, USA
J Health Soc Behav 41:295-313. 2000..Moderate levels of legal status acculturative stress were especially depressive for native-born U.S. residents...
- Substance use during pregnancy in the state of California, USAB K Finch
Population Research Center, Department of Sociology, The University of Texas at Austin, 78712 1127, USA
Soc Sci Med 52:571-83. 2001..Finally, individual level variables, with the exception of age, were not moderated by levels of neighborhood public assistance...
- Acculturation stress, social support, and self-rated health among Latinos in CaliforniaBrian Karl Finch
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California 90405, USA
J Immigr Health 5:109-17. 2003....
- The link between neighborhood poverty and health: context or composition?D Phuong Do
Institute for Social Research, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Am J Epidemiol 168:611-9. 2008..Both modeling strategies yielded significant estimates of neighborhood poverty and supported a causal link between neighborhood context and health...