Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Age-dependent microglial activation in immature brains after hypoxia- ischemiaPeter Ferrazzano
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin Medical School, T517 Waisman Center, 1500 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53705, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 12:338-49. 2013..Taken together, compared to P30 mice, P9 mice demonstrated differences in microglial activation and pro-inflammatory responses after HI, which may be important in brain damage and tissue repair...
- Inhibiting the Na+/H+ exchanger reduces reperfusion injury: a small animal MRI studyPeter Ferrazzano
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 3:81-8. 2011..The results of this study demonstrate the therapeutic potential for inhibition of NHE-1 in treating cerebral ischemia...
- Role of sodium/hydrogen exchanger isoform 1 in microglial activation and proinflammatory responses in ischemic brainsYejie Shi
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Neurochem 119:124-35. 2011..Taken together, our results demonstrate that NHE-1 protein was abundantly expressed in activated microglia and astrocytes. NHE-1 inhibition reduced microglial proinflammatory activation following ischemia...
- TrkB Receptor Agonist 7, 8 Dihydroxyflavone Triggers Profound Gender- Dependent Neuroprotection in Mice After Perinatal Hypoxia and IschemiaKutluay Uluc
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin Madison, School of Medicine and Public Health, Waisman Center T505, Madison, WI 53705, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 12:360-70. 2013....
- Stimulation of na(+)/h(+) exchanger isoform 1 promotes microglial migrationYejie Shi
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America Neuroscience Training Program, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e74201. 2013..In addition, NHE-1 and NCXrev play a concerted role in BK-induced microglial migration via Na(+) and Ca(2+) signaling. ..
- Inhibition of Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 1 is neuroprotective in neonatal hypoxic ischemic brain injuryPelin Cengiz
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 14:1803-13. 2011..These findings suggest that NHE-1-mediated disruption of ionic homeostasis contributes to striatal and CA1 pyramidal neuronal injury after neonatal HI...
- Chronic neurological deficits in mice after perinatal hypoxia and ischemia correlate with hemispheric tissue loss and white matter injury detected by MRIPelin Cengiz
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Dev Neurosci 33:270-9. 2011..T(2)-weighted MRI and DTI are useful indicators of functional outcome after perinatal HI...
- Excessive Na+/H+ exchange in disruption of dendritic Na+ and Ca2+ homeostasis and mitochondrial dysfunction following in vitro ischemiaDouglas B Kintner
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
J Biol Chem 285:35155-68. 2010..Taken together, our study demonstrates that NHE-1-mediated Na(+) entry and subsequent Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchange activation contribute to the selective dendritic vulnerability to in vitro ischemia...
- Diffusion tensor MRI of spinal decompression sicknessElizabeth B Hutchinson
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin, UW Medical Foundation Centennial Building, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Undersea Hyperb Med 40:23-31. 2013..To our knowledge, this is the first study to demonstrate the utility of DTI for the investigation of DCS-related injury and to define DTI biomarkers of spinal DCS...