Isabel D Fernandez
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Gestational weight gain in adolescents: a comparison to the new Institute of Medicine recommendationsI D Fernandez
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642 0644, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 24:368-75. 2011..To examine the gestational weight gain distributions of healthy adolescents with optimal birth outcomes and compare them to the current 2009 Institute of Medicine (IOM) recommendations...
- Prevalence of nutritional wasting in populations: building explanatory models using secondary dataIsabel D Fernandez
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Bull World Health Organ 80:282-91. 2002....
- Discordance in the assessment of prepregnancy weight status of adolescents: a comparison between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sex- and age-specific body mass index classification and the Institute of Medicine-based classification used foIsabel Diana Fernandez
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 644, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:998-1002. 2008..Based on our findings, we suggest that adolescent prepregnancy weight categories be assessed using the CDC BMI charts and to examine gestational weight gain distributions exclusively among adolescents according to the CDC BMI categories...
- Association of workplace chronic and acute stressors with employee weight status: data from worksites in turmoilIsabel Diana Fernandez
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 ElmwoodAve, Box 644, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Occup Environ Med 52:S34-41. 2010..To examine the independent and joint effects of psychosocial chronic and acute stressors with weight status and to report the intraclass correlation coefficient for body mass index (BMI)...
- Recent studies in the epidemiologic assessment of physical activity, fetal growth, and preterm delivery: a narrative reviewTimothy De Ver Dye
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 46:415-22. 2003
- Elevated blood pressure, race/ethnicity, and C-reactive protein levels in children and adolescentsMarc B Lande
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 777, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Pediatrics 122:1252-7. 2008..The objective of this study was to determine, with a nationally representative sample of children, whether the relationship between elevated blood pressure and C-reactive protein levels may be evident before adulthood...
- Design characteristics of worksite environmental interventions for obesity preventionCharlotte A Pratt
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Applications, 6701 Rockledge Drive, MSC 7936, Room 10118, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:2171-80. 2007..This paper describes the design characteristics of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)-funded studies that are testing innovative environmental interventions for weight control and obesity prevention at worksites...
- Introduction and overview of worksite studiesCharlotte A Pratt
Division of Prevention and Population Science, NHLBI, 6701 Rockledge Drive, MSC 7936, Room 10118, Bethesda, MD 20892 7936, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:1S-3S. 2007
- "Pizza is cheaper than salad": assessing workers' views for an environmental food interventionCarol M Devine
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, 377 MVR, Ithaca, NY 14853 4401, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:57S-68S. 2007....
- MENTORED CLINICAL SCIENTIST DEVELOPMENT AWARDIsabel Fernandez; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the adverse health effect of obesity and the difficulties involved in maintaining weight loss, primary prevention of obesity is of particular public health importance. ..
- Images of a Healthy WorksiteIsabel Fernandez; Fiscal Year: 2007..The strategies and tools developed will have a potential impact on 20,000 employees in the Rochester, NY area and 60,000 worldwide. ..