Cristina A Fernandez
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Comparison of Florida skin cancer screening rates with those in different US regionsCristina A Fernandez
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health and Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery and the Division of Biostatistics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th St, Miami, FL 33137, USA
South Med J 105:524-9. 2012....
- Sociodemographic correlates of eye care provider visits in the 2006-2009 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance SurveyAlberto J Caban-Martinez
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Clinical Research Building, Room 1075, 1120 N W 14th Street, 10th Floor R 669, Miami, FL 33136, USA
BMC Res Notes 5:253. 2012..We assessed for the proportion of survey respondents 40 years of age and older reporting having visited an eye care provider within the past two years, two or more years ago, or never by socio-demographic characteristics...
- Risky drinking in the older population: a comparison of Florida to the rest of the USLaura A McClure
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, 1120 NW 14th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Addict Behav 38:1894-7. 2013..However, state-level comparisons of excessive alcohol consumption are limited...
- State variations of chronic disease risk factors in older AmericansStacey L Tannenbaum
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E177. 2012..Older adults residing in Arkansas and Montana had the worst chronic disease risk profile compared with other states. These findings indicate the need for improved or increased targeted interventions in these states...
- Correlates of leisure time physical activity compliance in colorectal cancer survivorsAnthony P D'Andrea
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Clinical Research Building, Room 1074, 1140 NW 14th Street, 10th Floor R 669, Miami, FL 33136, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 62:78-82. 2014..We investigated sociodemographic, physically limiting, and behavioral predictors influencing leisure time physical activity (LTPA) among CRC survivors...
- Dry eye syndrome, posttraumatic stress disorder, and depression in an older male veteran populationCristina A Fernandez
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33125, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:3666-72. 2013..To evaluate whether veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or depression have differences in dry eye symptoms and signs compared to a population without these conditions...
- Health status and risk indicator trends of the aging US health care workforceDavid J Lee
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Occup Environ Med 54:497-503. 2012..To describe the health status and risk indicator trends in a representative sample of US health care workers aged 45 years and older...
- Racial disparities in quality-adjusted life-years associated with diabetes and visual impairmentKathryn E McCollister
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1692-4. 2012..Compare differences in health-related quality of life among blacks and whites to examine if race, diabetes, and visual impairment (VI) present a triple disadvantage in terms of quality-adjusted life expectancy...