Genomes and Genes
Ji Ming Feng
Affiliation: University of California
- Nonspecific esterase released from thymic macrophages accumulates in the apoptotic thymocytes: an indication for this enzyme participating in the clearance of apoptotic thymocytesJi Ming Feng
Department of Histology and Embryology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Eur J Immunol 32:1386-92. 2002..Inhibition study showed that the inhibition of NSE delayed the MBT progressing to the late apoptotic phase. These results suggest that the NSE released from macrophages is involved in the clearance of apoptotic thymocytes...
- The golli-myelin basic protein negatively regulates signal transduction in T lymphocytesJi Ming Feng
UCLA Medical School, Neuropsychiatric Institute, Room 47 448, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024 17519, USA
J Neuroimmunol 152:57-66. 2004..Structure-function assays indicate that BG21 inhibitory activity resides in the golli domain rather than in MBP domain of the molecule. These results reveal a novel role for MBP gene products in T lymphocytes within the immune system...
- Golli protein negatively regulates store depletion-induced calcium influx in T cellsJi Ming Feng
Semel Institute of Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA Geffen School of Medicine, 635 Charles Young Drive, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Immunity 24:717-27. 2006..These results indicate that golli functions in a unique way to regulate T cell activation through a mechanism involving the modulation of the calcium homeostasis...
- Minireview: expression and function of golli protein in immune systemJi Ming Feng
Semel Institute of Neuroscience, UCLA Geffen School of Medicine, Neuroscience Research Building Room 304, 635 Charles Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7332, USA
Neurochem Res 32:273-8. 2007..The evidence that golli proteins function as signal molecules is summarized...
- Expression of soma-restricted proteolipid/DM20 proteins in lymphoid cellsJi Ming Feng
Developmental Biology Group, Mental Retardation Research Center, Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Medical School, Room 47 448, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Neuroimmunol 144:9-15. 2003..These results are of importance in our further understanding, not only the different role of these new PLP gene products in central and peripheral tolerance, but also the function of such products in lymphocyte biology...
- Region-specific myelin pathology in mice lacking the golli products of the myelin basic protein geneErin C Jacobs
Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
J Neurosci 25:7004-13. 2005..Together, all these findings suggest a role for golli proteins in oligodendrocyte differentiation, migration, and/or myelin elaboration in the brain...
- Increased expression of golli myelin basic proteins enhances calcium influx into oligodendroglial cellsPablo M Paez
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles Geffen Medical School, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neurosci 27:12690-9. 2007..Our observations are consistent with the hypothesis that golli proteins, as a part of a protein complex, modulate Ca2+ influx at the plasma membrane and along OL processes...
- Identification of a protein that interacts with the golli-myelin basic protein and with nuclear LIM interactor in the nervous systemAugustine O Fernandes
Molecular and Developmental Neuroscience Laboratory, Neuropsychiatric Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurosci Res 75:461-71. 2004..The ability of GIP to interact with both golli and NLI, and the nuclear co-localization of GIP and golli in many cells, indicates a role for the golli products of the MBP gene in NLI- associated regulation of gene expression...
- Golli-myelin basic proteins delineate the nerve distribution of lymphoid organsJi Ming Feng
Developmental Biology Group, Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Medical School, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Neuroimmunol 123:1-8. 2002..These results suggest that golli immunoreactivity can visualize the distribution of nerve fibers in these lymphoid organs...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide loss leads to impaired CNS parenchymal T-cell infiltration and resistance to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisCatalina Abad
The Semel Institute and Department of Psychiatry, The David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19555-60. 2010....