Christopher M Federico
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Ideological asymmetry in the relationship between epistemic motivation and political attitudesChristopher M Federico
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, 75 East River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 103:381-98. 2012....
- Racism, ideology, and affirmative action revisited: the antecedents and consequences of "principled objections" to affirmative actionChristopher M Federico
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, 55455, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 82:488-502. 2002..These results provide support for a general group-dominance approach, which suggests that factors like racism continue to shape White opposition to race-targeted policies...
- Predicting attitude extremity: the interactive effects of schema development and the need to evaluate and their mediation by evaluative integrationChristopher M Federico
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, MN, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 30:1281-94. 2004....
- The relationship between the need for closure and support for military action against Iraq: moderating effects of national attachmentChristopher M Federico
University of Minnesota Twin Cities, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 31:621-32. 2005..The data provided a clear pattern of support for this hypothesis and additional analyses indicated that a high need for closure reduced variability about the use of force among the highly nationalistic but not the highly patriotic...
- Political ideology: its structure, functions, and elective affinitiesJohn T Jost
Department of Psychology, New York University, New York, New York 10003, USA
Annu Rev Psychol 60:307-37. 2009..Finally, we consider the consequences of ideology, especially with respect to attitudes, evaluations, and processes of system justification...
- Understanding responses to political conflict: interactive effects of the need for closure and salient conflict schemasAgnieszka Golec
Warsaw School of Social Psychology, Warsaw, Poland
J Pers Soc Psychol 87:750-62. 2004..The broader implications of these findings are discussed...