Henry M Feder
Affiliation: University of Connecticut Health Center
- A critical appraisal of "chronic Lyme disease"Henry M Feder
Department of Family Medicine and Pediatrics, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, Hartford, CT, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1422-30. 2007
- HACEK endocarditis in infants and children: two cases and a literature reviewHenry M Feder
Division of Infectious Disease, Connecticut Children s Medical Center, Hartford, CT, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:557-62. 2003..Mortality with HACEK endocarditis was 14%. HACEK organisms may be resistant to penicillins but are susceptible to third generation cephalosporins...
- Diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of erythema migrans and Lyme arthritisHenry M Feder
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Clin Dermatol 24:509-20. 2006..Persistent effusion is not due to persistent infection. Antibiotic therapy for more than 8 weeks for patients with Lyme disease is not indicated. Chronic Lyme disease due to antibiotic resistant infection has not been demonstrated...
- Occult methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus abscesses in 2 pediatric patientsHenry M Feder
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 47:176-9. 2008..Deep tissue MRSA (PVL positive) abscesses evolved. Empiric antibiotic therapy for MRSA should be considered for infants and children who are hospitalized with occult fever and who have a family member with a history of MRSA infection...
- Lyme disease in childrenHenry M Feder
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 22:315-26, vii. 2008..burgdorferi strains are found in the United States. The article's discussion is limited to the single species B burgdorferi...
- Polyoma virus hemorrhagic cystitis in an otherwise normal childHenry M Feder
Department of Family Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:948-9. 2008..Polyoma virus infection was suspected because of abnormal urine cytology. Polyoma virus cystitis in nonimmunosuppressed children is self-limited, resolving spontaneously within 2 weeks...
- Babesiosis in pregnancyHenry M Feder
N Engl J Med 349:195-6. 2003
- Coevolution of markers of innate and adaptive immunity in skin and peripheral blood of patients with erythema migransJuan C Salazar
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Connecticut Children s Medical Center, 282 Washington Street, Hartford, CT 06106, USA
J Immunol 171:2660-70. 2003....
- Inaccurate information about lyme disease on the internetJames D Cooper
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:1105-8. 2004..There were 2 ".gov" websites, and both gave accurate information. CONCLUSIONS: Patients and families searching the Internet for medical information about Lyme disease may encounter inaccurate information...