Leslie A Fecher
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The MAPK pathway in melanomaLeslie A Fecher
University of Pennsylvania, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Abramson Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 20:183-9. 2008..Several therapeutic agents directed against this pathway are in development. This review summarizes current understanding of the MAPK pathway in melanoma biology and therapeutic strategies...
- Where are we with adjuvant therapy of stage III and IV melanoma in 2009?Leslie A Fecher
Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 7:295-304. 2009..This article explores the factors to consider when individualizing care within the scope of these guidelines...
- Drug targeting of oncogenic pathways in melanomaLeslie A Fecher
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, 16 Penn Tower, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 23:599-618, x. 2009..The targeting of certain cellular processes, downstream of the common genetic alterations, for which the issues of target and drug validation are somewhat distinct, are also highlighted...
- Diverse cutaneous side effects associated with BRAF inhibitor therapy: a clinicopathologic studyEmily Y Chu
Department of Dermatology, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 67:1265-72. 2012..Similar to the broad-spectrum RAF inhibitor sorafenib, vemurafenib induces development of squamous cell carcinomas and keratoacanthomas as a side effect of therapy...
- Collapse of the CD27+ B-cell compartment associated with systemic plasmacytosis in patients with advanced melanoma and other cancersErica L Carpenter
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:4277-87. 2009..This study aimed to investigate whether B-cell physiology was altered in the presence of melanoma and other cancers...
- Toward a molecular classification of melanomaLeslie A Fecher
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1606-20. 2007..We eagerly anticipate rationally designed melanoma therapies based on such a classification scheme and the associated improvements in patient outcomes...
- Effectively targeting BRAF in melanoma: a formidable challengeLeslie A Fecher
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 21:410-1. 2008