Affiliation: University of Kansas
- Constructing an action agenda for community empowerment at the 7th Global Conference on Health Promotion in NairobiSTEPHEN FAWCETT
World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Community Health and Development, University of Kansas, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue 4082 Dole Center, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Glob Health Promot 17:52-6. 2010..Implementing these recommended actions can enhance community empowerment and help close the implementation gap in health promotion...
- Analyzing the contribution of community change to population health outcomes in an adolescent pregnancy prevention initiativeAdrienne Paine-Andrews
University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045, USA
Health Educ Behav 29:183-93. 2002..This report provides a method for describing empirically the contribution of environmental change to more distant population-level outcomes...
- Analyzing a community-based coalition's efforts to reduce health disparities and the risk for chronic disease in Kansas City, MissouriVicki L Collie-Akers
Work Group for Community Health and Development, 1000 Sunnyside Ave, Dole Center, Room 4082, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A66. 2007..S. population, less is understood about how to create conditions that will reduce these disparities...
- A framework for community mobilization to promote healthy youth developmentJomella Watson-Thompson
University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:S72-81. 2008..This case study suggests the importance of early and ongoing engagement of youth as change agents in the community mobilization effort...
- Differential effects of strategic planning on community change in two urban neighborhood coalitionsJomella Watson-Thompson
Work Group for Community Health and Development, University of Kansas, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, 4082 Dole Center, Lawrence, KS, USA 66045 7555
Am J Community Psychol 42:25-38. 2008..Under appropriate conditions, such as the presence of consistent leadership, strategic planning may be a particularly effective mechanism for stimulating community change and addressing locally-determined goals in urban neighborhoods...
- Evaluating mobilization strategies with neighborhood and faith organizations to reduce risk for health disparitiesVicki Collie-Akers
University of Kansas Work Group for Community Health and Development, Lawrence, Kansas, USA
Health Promot Pract 10:118S-127S. 2009..This study holds important implications for public health practitioners working with neighborhood and faith-based organizations to address health disparities...
- Testing the Community Change Model with Substance Abuse CoalitionsSTEPHEN FAWCETT; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research study will enhance the science and practice of how capacity- building interventions can assure a more effective prevention infrastructure for addressing substance abuse among youth. ..