Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
- Coexpression of ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73 with specific NTPDases differentially regulates adenosine formation in the rat liverMichel Fausther
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Quebec, QC, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G447-59. 2012..In conclusion, the specific cellular cocompartmentalization of CD73 with hepatic NTPDases is not redundant and may lead to the differential activation of P1 and P2 receptors, under normal and fibrotic conditions...
- New insights on the pathogenesis of biliary cirrhosis provided by studies in FXR knockout miceMichel Fausther
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Arkansas for the Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
J Hepatol 55:939-40. 2011..Since there is no FXR expression in HSCs and MFBs in liver fibrosis, our data indicate that these cells may not represent direct therapeutic targets for FXR ligands...
- Extracellular nucleosides and nucleotides regulate liver functions via a complex system of membrane proteinsMichel Fausther
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, CHU de Québec, QC, Canada
C R Biol 334:100-17. 2011..Here, we cover various aspects of the signalling pathways initiated by extracellular nucleosides and nucleotides in the liver, and discuss their overall impact on hepatic physiology...
- Identification of the ectonucleotidases expressed in mouse, rat, and human Langerhans islets: potential role of NTPDase3 in insulin secretionElise G Lavoie
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E647-56. 2010..Ecto-5'-nucleotidase is expressed in rat Langerhans islet cells but absent in human and mouse endocrine cells...
- High expression and activity of ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73 in the male murine reproductive tractMireia Martín-Satué
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Histochem Cell Biol 133:659-68. 2010..This study suggests close regulation of extracellular nucleoside and nucleotide levels in the genital tract by ecto-5'-nucleotidase that, in concurrence with NTPDases, may impact male fertility...
- Cystic fibrosis remodels the regulation of purinergic signaling by NTPDase1 (CD39) and NTPDase3Michel Fausther
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec City, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298:L804-18. 2010..This study provides evidence that an extensive remodeling of the enzymatic network regulating clearance occurs in the airways of CF patients...
- Endothelial P2Y2 receptor regulates LPS-induced neutrophil transendothelial migration in vitroFilip Kukulski
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada
Mol Immunol 47:991-9. 2010..In summary, endothelial P2Y(2) receptors control the early LPS-induced neutrophil TEM in vitro via Rho kinase activation...
- Localization of plasma membrane bound NTPDases in the murine reproductive tractM Martín-Satué
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Universite Laval, 2705 Blvd Laurier, Local T1 49, Quebec, QC, G1V 4G2, Canada
Histochem Cell Biol 131:615-28. 2009..This descriptive study suggests close regulation of extracellular nucleotide levels in the genital tract by NTPDases that may impact specific biological functions...
- Characterization of a monoclonal antibody as the first specific inhibitor of human NTP diphosphohydrolase-3 : partial characterization of the inhibitory epitope and potential applicationsMercedes N Munkonda
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Universite Laval, Canada
FEBS J 276:479-96. 2009..Because insulin secretion is modulated by extracellular ATP and purinergic receptors, this finding suggests the potential application of these inhibitory antibodies for the study and control of insulin secretion...
- Cloning, purification, and identification of the liver canalicular ecto-ATPase as NTPDase8Michel Fausther
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Local T1 49, G1V 4G2 Quebec, QC, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G785-95. 2007..The canalicular localization of this enzyme suggests its involvement in the regulation of bile secretion and/or nucleoside salvage...
- Expression of NTPDase1 and NTPDase2 in murine kidney: relevance to regulation of P2 receptor signalingBellamkonda K Kishore
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F1032-43. 2005..NTPDases may modulate regulatory effects of ATP and degradation products within the vasculature and other sites and thereby potentially influence physiological as well as multiple pathological events in the kidney...
- Expression of ecto-ATPase NTPDase2 in human dental pulpX Liu
Division of General Dentistry, University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health, 625 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
J Dent Res 91:261-7. 2012..These findings provide evidence for the existence of an apparatus for ATP release and degradation in human dental pulp, consistent with the involvement of ATP signaling in the process of dentin sensitivity and dental pain...