Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Urine IL-18, NGAL, IL-8 and serum IL-8 are biomarkers of acute kidney injury following liver transplantationJeffrey C Sirota
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Box C281, 12700 East 19th Ave, Aurora, CO 80262, USA
BMC Nephrol 14:17. 2013..Biomarkers of AKI have not been well established in this setting but are needed to help guide patient care and facilitate development of novel therapeutics...
- Circulating IL-6 mediates lung injury via CXCL1 production after acute kidney injury in miceNilesh Ahuja
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 303:F864-72. 2012....
- Ongoing clinical trials in AKISarah Faubel
Division of Nephrology, University of Colorado and Denver Veterans Administration Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:861-73. 2012..Finally, this review discusses research needs that are not addressed by the current clinical trials portfolio and suggests key areas for future research in AKI...
- Macrophages mediate lung inflammation in a mouse model of ischemic acute kidney injuryChristopher Altmann
Mail Stop C281, 12700 East 19th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 302:F421-32. 2012..Since macrophage activation and chemokine production are key events in the development of acute lung injury (ALI), these data provide further evidence that AKI may cause ALI...
- Urine interleukin-6 is an early biomarker of acute kidney injury in children undergoing cardiac surgeryPaula Dennen
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Denver Health and Hospitals, 777 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Crit Care 14:R181. 2010..Since proximal tubule injury is a hallmark of AKI, we hypothesized that urine IL-6 would increase in AKI due to impaired proximal tubule metabolism of filtered IL-6...
- Serum interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 are early biomarkers of acute kidney injury and predict prolonged mechanical ventilation in children undergoing cardiac surgery: a case-control studyKathleen D Liu
Divisions of Nephrology and Critical Care Medicine, Departments of Medicine and Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care 13:R104. 2009..The purpose of this study was to test the role of serum cytokines as biomarkers for AKI and prolonged mechanical ventilation...
- Acute kidney injury and multiple organ dysfunction syndromeS Faubel
Department of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado Denver, Box C281, 12700 East 19th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Minerva Urol Nefrol 61:171-88. 2009..Current recommendations regarding management of AKI in light of these data and recent clinical trials will also be discussed...
- Splenectomy exacerbates lung injury after ischemic acute kidney injury in miceAna Andres-Hernando
Department of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F907-16. 2011..Our data demonstrate that AKI in the absence of a counter anti-inflammatory response by splenic IL-10 production results in an exuberant proinflammatory response and lung injury...