A C Farney
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Simultaneous cadaver pancreas living-donor kidney transplantation: a new approach for the type 1 diabetic uremic patientA C Farney
Joseph and Corrine Schwartz Division of Transplantation and the Divisions of General Surgery and Urology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Ann Surg 232:696-703. 2000..To review the authors' experience with a new approach for type I diabetic uremic patients: simultaneous cadaver-donor pancreas and living-donor kidney transplant (SPLK)...
- Superiority of portal venous drainage over systemic venous drainage in pancreas transplantation: a retrospective studyB Philosophe
Joseph and Corrine Schwartz Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Surg 234:689-96. 2001..To compare portal and systemic venous drainage of pancreas transplants and demonstrate an immunologic and survival superiority of portal venous drainage...
- The shrinking renal replacement therapy "break-even" pointE J Schweitzer
Department of Surgery, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Transplantation 66:1702-8. 1998..This study examines the current cost of live donor (LD) transplantation at our institution, and compares it with that of dialysis...
- Recurrent autoimmunity accelerates destruction of minor and major histoincompatible islet grafts in nonobese diabetic (NOD) miceT Okitsu
Division of Transplantation, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Am J Transplant 1:138-45. 2001..032). In conclusion, autoimmune processes facilitate the alloimmune response to minor and major histocompatibility antigens and accelerate graft destruction. The same autoimmune processes are more pronounced in the intraportal site...
- Pulsatile pump perfusion of pancreata before human islet cell isolationD B Leeser
Department of Transplant Surgery, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21012, USA
Transplant Proc 36:1050-1. 2004..9 and 1.8 for the <8 hour and >8 hour CIT groups. This preliminary data indicates that low-flow machine pulsatile perfusion of pancreata with prolonged cold ischemia time can result in excellent yield, viability, and function...
- Pilot study of rapid steroid elimination with alemtuzumab induction therapy in kidney and pancreas transplantationA K Sundberg
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1095, USA
Transplant Proc 37:1294-6. 2005....
- Successful simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplantation from extreme donorsR J Stratta
Dept of General Surgery, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1095, USA
Transplant Proc 37:3535-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to retrospectively review our experience with "extreme" pancreas donors compared to conventional (CONV) donors...
- Outcomes of extended donors in pancreatic transplantation with portal-enteric drainageR P Singh
Department of General Surgery and Nephrology, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Transplant Proc 40:502-5. 2008..Limited data are available on extended (EX) donor criteria in pancreatic transplantation (PTX)...