J M Farnan
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Characterising physician listening behaviour during hospitalist handoffs using the HEAR checklistElizabeth A Greenstein
Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 22:203-9. 2013..Despite the two-way nature of handoff communication, the focus of these efforts has largely been on the person giving information...
- Survey of overnight academic hospitalist supervision of traineesJeanne M Farnan
Department of Medicine, Section of Hospital Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Hosp Med 7:521-3. 2012....
- Resident uncertainty in clinical decision making and impact on patient care: a qualitative studyJ M Farnan
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 2007, AMB B226A, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 17:122-6. 2008..The aims of this study were to describe types of uncertainty faced by residents, strategies employed to manage uncertainty and effects on patient care...
- The YouTube generation: implications for medical professionalismJeanne M Farnan
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Perspect Biol Med 51:517-24. 2008..We present a case vignette with subsequent discussion to highlight the complexities of ensuring medical professionalism in the digital age...
- Commentary: The relationship status of digital media and professionalism: it's complicatedJeanne M Farnan
University of Chicago Department of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Acad Med 84:1479-81. 2009....
- Hand-off education and evaluation: piloting the observed simulated hand-off experience (OSHE)Jeanne M Farnan
Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Ave, MC 2007, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:129-34. 2010..The Observed Simulated Hand-off Experience (OSHE) was created to evaluate medical students' sign-out skills using a real-time assessment tool, the Hand-off CEX...
- Blurring boundaries and online opportunitiesJeanne M Farnan
Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, USA
J Clin Ethics 22:183-6. 2011....
- Changes in perception of and participation in unprofessional behaviors during internshipVineet M Arora
Acad Med 85:S76-80. 2010..Do perceptions of and participation in unprofessional behaviors change during internship?..
- Problems after discharge and understanding of communication with their primary care physicians among hospitalized seniors: a mixed methods studyVineet M Arora
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Hosp Med 5:385-91. 2010..Understanding patient experiences of problems after discharge can help clinical teams design more patient-centered care transitions...
- Third-year medical students' participation in and perceptions of unprofessional behaviorsShalini T Reddy
Acad Med 82:S35-9. 2007..Students' perceptions of and participation in unprofessional behaviors may change during clinical clerkships...
- Care transitions for hospitalized patientsVineet M Arora
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Med Clin North Am 92:315-24, viii. 2008..With this knowledge, strategies to ensure patient safety during care transitions can be adopted and training directed at teaching physicians safe hands-off practices could be developed and supported...
- Understanding communication during hospitalist service changes: a mixed methods studyKeiki Hinami
Section of Hospital Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Hosp Med 4:535-40. 2009..Little data exist to inform hospitalist communication during service changes...