Patricia L Faris
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Effect of decreasing afferent vagal activity with ondansetron on symptoms of bulimia nervosa: a randomised, double-blind trialP L Faris
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Lancet 355:792-7. 2000..We investigated the effects of ondansetron on bulimic behaviours in patients with severe and chronic bulimia nervosa in a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study...
- De-stabilization of the positive vago-vagal reflex in bulimia nervosaPatricia L Faris
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neuroscience Research, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis MN 55455, United States
Physiol Behav 94:136-53. 2008..This model is not meant to be complete, but rather to stimulate anatomical, psychobiological, and translational neuroscience experiments aimed at elucidating the pathophysiology of bulimia and developing novel treatment strategies...
- Evidence for a vagal pathophysiology for bulimia nervosa and the accompanying depressive symptomsPatricia L Faris
Department of Psychiatry, Fairview University Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Affect Disord 92:79-90. 2006..Preliminary findings are also presented which suggest that a subgroup of depressions may have a similar pathophysiology...
- Functional neuroimaging of gastric distentionElke Stephan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 7:740-9. 2003..This first study of brain activation during nonpainful, proximal gastric distention provides the groundwork for future research to discover novel treatments for obesity...
- Pathological gambling and mood disorders: clinical associations and treatment implicationsSuck Won Kim
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, F282 2A West, 2450 Riverside Avenue, Minneapolis, 55454, USA
J Affect Disord 92:109-16. 2006..Traditionally, mood and gambling symptoms have been known to overlap. In the present review we attempt to examine the diagnostic associations and implications for treatment...
- Ondansetron attenuates CCK induced satiety and c-fos labeling in the dorsal medullaR S Daughters
Division of Neuroscience Research, MMC 392, Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, 420 Delaware Street, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Peptides 22:1331-8. 2001..Treatments using 5-HT(3) antagonists also may affect endogenous CCK functions...