Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Lysosomal trafficking functions of mucolipin-1 in murine macrophagesEric G Thompson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Life Sciences South Room 531, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
BMC Cell Biol 8:54. 2007..Two cell biological defects that have been described in MLIV fibroblasts are a hyperacidification of lysosomes and a delay in the exit of lipids from lysosomes...
- Regulation of endocytosis by CUP-5, the Caenorhabditis elegans mucolipin-1 homologH Fares
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 28:64-8. 2001..elegans cup-5 mutant may be a useful model for studying conserved aspects of mucolipin-1 structure and function and for assessing the effects of potential therapeutic compounds...
- Roles of CUP-5, the Caenorhabditis elegans orthologue of human TRPML1, in lysosome and gut granule biogenesisErin M Campbell
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
BMC Cell Biol 11:40. 2010..This link between CUP-5 and gut granules led us to determine the roles of CUP-5 in lysosome and gut granule biogenesis in developing intestinal cells...
- Genetic analysis of endocytosis in Caenorhabditis elegans: coelomocyte uptake defective mutantsH Fares
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Genetics 159:133-45. 2001....
- Enhancer of rudimentaryp1, e(r)p1, a highly conserved enhancer of the rudimentary geneE Wojcik
Department of Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109
Genetics 138:1163-70. 1994..The amino acid sequences of the D. melanogaster and the Drosophila virilis proteins are 95% identical...
- Localization and possible functions of Drosophila septinsH Fares
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Mol Biol Cell 6:1843-59. 1995..Both immunolocalization and biochemical experiments show that Sep1 is intimately associated with Pnut, suggesting that the Drosophila septins, like those in yeast, function as part of a complex...
- The septins: roles in cytokinesis and other processesM S Longtine
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 3280, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 8:106-19. 1996..The septins also appear to be involved in various other aspects of the organization of the cell surface...
- Role of the yeast Gin4p protein kinase in septin assembly and the relationship between septin assembly and septin functionM S Longtine
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Cell Biol 143:719-36. 1998..Field, C.M., O. Al-Awar, J. Rosenblatt, M.L. Wong, B. Alberts, and T.J. Mitchison. 1996. J. Cell Biol. 133:605-616)...
- Analysis of endocytosis in Caenorhabditis elegansHanna Fares; Fiscal Year: 2006..New genes identified in worms will also be studied in humans through collaborations with researchers who study this process. ..