Affiliation: University of Washington
- Brief report: face configuration accuracy and processing speed among adults with high-functioning autism spectrum disordersSusan Faja
Department of Psychology, Center on Human Development and Disability, University of Washington Autism Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 39:532-8. 2009....
- The effects of face expertise training on the behavioral performance and brain activity of adults with high functioning autism spectrum disordersSusan Faja
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:278-93. 2012..These findings suggest that individuals with ASD can gain expertise in face processing through training...
- Becoming a face expert: a computerized face-training program for high-functioning individuals with autism spectrum disordersSusan Faja
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 33:1-24. 2008..These findings suggest that face processing ability and strategies in autism can be significantly improved through training...
- Neurocognitive predictors of social and communicative developmental trajectories in preschoolers with autism spectrum disordersJeffrey Munson
University of Washington Autism Center and Center on Human Development and Disability, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 14:956-66. 2008..The benefits and challenges of assessing specific neurocognitive functions in children with autism is discussed with regard to general cognitive/developmental ability and the behavioral requirements of most assessment settings...
- Amygdalar volume and behavioral development in autismJeffrey Munson
University of Washington Autism Center, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:686-93. 2006..These results provide additional evidence that amygdalar development is implicated in the behavioral impairments found in autism...