Affiliation: University of California
- Bacillithiol is an antioxidant thiol produced in BacilliGerald L Newton
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Chem Biol 5:625-7. 2009..Bacillithiol is the alpha-anomeric glycoside of L-cysteinyl-D-glucosamine with L-malic acid and most probably functions as an antioxidant. Bacillithiol, like the structurally similar mycothiol, may serve as a substitute for glutathione...
- Glutathione analogs in prokaryotesRobert C Fahey
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1830:3182-98. 2013..Low-molecular-weight thiols provide protective buffers against the hazards of ROS toxicity. Glutathione is the small protective thiol in nearly all eukaryotes but in prokaryotes the situation is far more complex...
- Novel thiols of prokaryotesR C Fahey
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Annu Rev Microbiol 55:333-56. 2001..Available data on the biosynthesis and metabolism of these and other novel thiols is summarized and key areas for additional study are identified...
- Organic hydroperoxide resistance protein and ergothioneine compensate for loss of mycothiol in Mycobacterium smegmatis mutantsPhilong Ta
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0314, USA
J Bacteriol 193:1981-90. 2011..The finding of multiple Ohr homologs with various sequence identities in some bacterial genomes indicates that there may be multiple physiologic targets for Ohr proteins...
- MYCOTHIOL BIOSYNTHESIS AND METABOLISM AS TB DRUG TARGETSROBERT FAHEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Whole cell and essential enzyme screening assays for mycothiol biosynthesisROBERT FAHEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..These HTS assays are designed to meet the goals of PA-04-068 and will be proposed for screening of libraries available under the Molecular Libraries Initiative. ..