Gregory A Fabiano
Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- A comparison of behavioral parent training programs for fathers of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderGregory A Fabiano
Department of Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Behav Ther 40:190-204. 2009..g., greater attendance and arrival on time at sessions, more homework completion, greater consumer satisfaction). The implications for these findings and father-related treatment efforts are discussed...
- A meta-analysis of behavioral treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderGregory A Fabiano
University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Department of Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 29:129-40. 2009..64), and single subject studies (3.78) indicated that behavioral treatments are highly effective. Based on these results, there is strong and consistent evidence that behavioral treatments are effective for treating ADHD...
- A practical measure of impairment: psychometric properties of the impairment rating scale in samples of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and two school-based samplesGregory A Fabiano
Department of Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology, SUNY at Buffalo, Baldy Hall 426, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 35:369-85. 2006..The scale is brief, practical, and in the public domain. The results of the studies and implications for the assessment of impairment are discussed...
- Father participation in behavioral parent training for ADHD: review and recommendations for increasing inclusion and engagementGregory A Fabiano
University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Baffalo, NY 14260, USA
J Fam Psychol 21:683-93. 2007....
- Efficacy of a methylphenidate transdermal system versus t.i.d. methylphenidate in a laboratory settingWilliam E Pelham
State University of New York, USA
J Atten Disord 15:28-35. 2011..To test the efficacy and tolerability of the methylphenidate transdermal formulation (MTS) against immediate-release methylphenidate (IR MPH) and placebo in a 12-hr analog classroom setting...
- Transdermal methylphenidate, behavioral, and combined treatment for children with ADHDWilliam E Pelham
Department of Psychology, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 14214, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 13:111-26. 2005..Consistent with other research, low doses of MPH--even lower than in previous studies--yielded enhanced effects in combination with behavior modification...
- The efficacy and tolerability of methylphenidate and behavior modification in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and severe mood dysregulationJames Waxmonsky
Department of Psychiatry, School and Educations Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 18:573-88. 2008..This study examines the tolerability and efficacy of methylphenidate (MPH) and behavior modification therapy (BMOD) in children with attention-deficity/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and severe mood dysregulation (SMD)...
- A waitlist-controlled trial of behavioral parent training for fathers of children with ADHDGregory A Fabiano
University at Buffalo, State University of New York, NY, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 41:337-45. 2012..Results are cast in light of the larger literature on behavioral parent training for ADHD as well as how to best work with fathers of children with ADHD in treatment contexts...
- Evidence-based psychosocial treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderWilliam E Pelham
State University of New York at Buffalo, Center for Children and Families, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 37:184-214. 2008..summer programs) are also well-established. The results of this update are discussed in the context of the existing treatment literature on ADHD. Implications for practice guidelines are suggested, as are directions for future research...
- Evidence-based treatment for mental disorders in children and adolescentsGregory A Fabiano
University at Buffalo, Center for Children and Families, Diefendorf Hall 318, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 4:93-100. 2002..Introduction..
- Evidence-based assessment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescentsWilliam E Pelham
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo, 14214, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 34:449-76. 2005..We argue that the main focus of assessment should be on target behavior selection, contextual factors, functional analyses, treatment planning, and outcome monitoring...
- A dose-ranging study of a methylphenidate transdermal system in children with ADHDWilliam E Pelham
State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:522-9. 2005..Medication (placebo, 0.45, 0.9, and 1.8 mg/h) was crossed with application time (6 a.m., 7 a.m.) to evaluate MTS efficacy and influence of exposure time on morning effects...
- A group contingency program to improve the behavior of elementary school students in a cafeteriaGregory A Fabiano
University at Buffalo, New York, USA
Behav Modif 32:121-32. 2008..Both sources of information suggest behavioral improvement in rule-following behavior when the program was actively implemented...
- Enhancements to the behavioral parent training paradigm for families of children with ADHD: review and future directionsAndrea M Chronis
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 7:1-27. 2004..g.. format and setting), parent factors, and child factors that may contribute to treatment outcomes for families of children with ADHD are reviewed here and recommendations for future BPT research in the area of ADHD are made...
- The reading grade level of common measures in child and adolescent clinical psychologyScott A Jensen
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of Mississippi Medical Center, MS, USA
Psychol Assess 18:346-52. 2006..Given the potential contribution of readability to a measure's reliability, validity, and overall utility, examining and accounting for readability should be a more common practice in test construction and administration...
- Parent Training for Fathers of Children with ADHDGREGORY FABIANO; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Improving parenting capacity to promote safe driving for adolescents with ADHDGregory A Fabiano; Fiscal Year: 2010....