Tanya J Fabian
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Paroxetine-induced hyponatremia in the elderly due to the syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone (SIADH)Tanya J Fabian
Intervention Research Center for Late Life Mood Disorders, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 16:160-4. 2003..Data suggest hyponatremia is a common adverse event in elderly patients prescribed paroxetine and implicates inappropriate secretion of ADH as the potential mechanism...
- Paroxetine-induced hyponatremia in older adults: a 12-week prospective studyTanya J Fabian
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:327-32. 2004....
- Predictors of aripiprazole treatment continuation in hospitalized patientsKim C Coley
Department of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, School of Pharmacy, 921 Salk Hall, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1393-7. 2008..The goal of this study was to investigate patient and treatment factors associated with aripiprazole treatment continuation on hospital discharge in psychiatric inpatients...
- Decreasing pain and anxiety associated with patient-activated atrial shock: a placebo-controlled study of adjunctive sedation with oral triazolamTanya J Fabian
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 17:391-5. 2006..The main objective of the present study was to determine whether triazolam improved patient perception of the shock experience or altered patient memory of shock discomfort relative to placebo...
- Influence of medications and diagnoses on fall risk in psychiatric inpatientsStacey M Lavsa
University Medical Center, University of Pittsburgh, 3501 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 67:1274-80. 2010..The influence of medications and diagnoses on fall risk in psychiatric inpatients was evaluated...
- Best practices: an intervention to promote evidence-based prescribing at a large psychiatric hospitalKeith R Stowell
Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic and theUniversity of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2593, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:294-6. 2009..Monthly costs for quetiapine prescriptions declined by approximately $8,000. The intervention appeared to bring physicians' behavior more in line with evidence-based practices...
- Influence of DHEA administration on 24-hour cortisol concentrationsPatricia D Kroboth
Pharmacodynamic Research Center, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:96-9. 2003..0001) and on Day 15 in men (p = 0.002). The mechanism by which DHEA lowers plasma cortisol concentrations merits further investigation...
- Aripiprazole prescribing patterns and side effects in elderly psychiatric inpatientsKim C Coley
University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 15:150-3. 2009..This analysis examined dosing patterns and safety of aripiprazole in elderly inpatients...
- Steroid sulfatase gene variation and DHEA responsiveness to resistance exercise in MERETSteven E Riechman
School of Exercise Leisure and Sport, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 44242, USA
Physiol Genomics 17:300-6. 2004..5 (7), S30, P < 0.05] than those subjects with only an "A" allele (n = 84). The observed increase in DHEA and DHEAS and decrease in DHEAS:DHEA suggest RE-induced STS activation which is influenced by the STS polymorphism...