Thomas G Evans
Affiliation: University of California
- The use of Flt3 ligand as an adjuvant for hepatitis B vaccination of healthy adultsThomas G Evans
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, Davis, PSSB, Suite 500, 4150 V St, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Vaccine 21:322-9. 2002..Despite the marked increase in peripheral circulating dendritic cells, no increase was observed in the hepatitis B antibody titers induced after vaccination...
- Evaluation of canarypox-induced CD8(+) responses following immunization by measuring the effector population IFNgamma productionT G Evans
Infectious Diseases Unit, Suite 500, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, PSSB 4150 V St, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Immunol Lett 77:7-15. 2001..Most of the positive responses were detected after the fourth immunization. Flow cytometric techniques hold promise as a surrogate measure of CTL and for ease of phenotyping of the effector population...
- Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of topical 5% acyclovir-1% hydrocortisone cream (ME-609) for treatment of UV radiation-induced herpes labialisT G Evans
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1870-4. 2002..ME-609 is a novel product that merits further evaluation as a treatment for cold sores...
- Cellular immune responses to helper-free HSV-1 amplicon particles encoding HIV-1 gp120 are enhanced by DNA primingXiuqing Wang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Vaccine 21:2288-97. 2003..Collectively, these results demonstrate the utility of HSV amplicon vectors in prime-boost regimens for HIV vaccine development...
- Long-term memory B-cell responses in recipients of candidate human immunodeficiency virus type 1 vaccinesThomas G Evans
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 92121 USA
Vaccine 22:2626-30. 2004..In principle, similar long-term memory may be possible with improved immunogens that generate broadly cross-reactive neutralizing antibodies...
- Safety and immunogenicity of a high-titered canarypox vaccine in combination with rgp120 in a diverse population of HIV-1-uninfected adults: AIDS Vaccine Evaluation Group Protocol 022AKalpana Gupta
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:254-61. 2002..This high-titered preparation of ALVAC-HIV vCP205 in combination with gp120 was safe and immunogenic in a diverse group of HIV-1-seronegative volunteers...
- Expression of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp120 from herpes simplex virus type 1-derived amplicons results in potent, specific, and durable cellular and humoral immune responsesPeter K Hocknell
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Virol 76:5565-80. 2002..Taken together, these data strongly support the use of helper-free HSV-1 amplicon particles as vaccine delivery vectors...
- Vaccination in humans generates broad T cell cytokine responsesStephen C De Rosa
Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allery and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 173:5372-80. 2004..The presence and variability of these complex response profiles introduce the possibility that selective functional expression patterns may provide correlates for vaccine efficacy or disease progression...
- Safety profile of recombinant canarypox HIV vaccinesGuy de Bruyn
HIV Vaccines Trials Network Core Operations, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Vaccine 22:704-13. 2004..Reactogenicity does not appear to be related to the number or type of inserted genes, and did not vary between different ALVAC constructs...
- Incomplete immune reconstitution after initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with severe CD4+ cell depletionHoward M Lederman
Eudowood Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 188:1794-803. 2003..009) and mumps skin test antigen (29% vs. 17%; P=.001). Although the subjects had only partial responses to immune function testing, the rate of opportunistic infections was very low, and none of the tests was predictive of risk...
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) seropositivity among uninfected HIV vaccine recipientsMarta Louise Ackers
HIV Vaccine Section, Epidemiology Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention Surveillance and Epidemiology, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 187:879-86. 2003..The potential for vaccine recipients being misclassified as HIV infected increased with vaccine complexity...
- Chronic stress in nonelderly caregivers: psychological, endocrine and immune implicationsKavita Vedhara
MRC Health Services Research Collaboration, Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, UK
J Psychosom Res 53:1153-61. 2002..g., spousal caregivers of dementia patients) extends to a younger caregiver population, specifically spousal carers of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- A randomized, crossover study to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of amantadine and oseltamivir administered alone and in combinationDennis Morrison
Bio Kinetic Clinical Applications, Springfield, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1305. 2007..TRIAL REGISTRATION: ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00416962...