Jennifer L Etnier
Affiliation: University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- A meta-regression to examine the relationship between aerobic fitness and cognitive performanceJennifer L Etnier
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of North Carolina, PO Box 26170, Greensboro, NC 27402 6170, USA
Brain Res Rev 52:119-30. 2006....
- Cognitive performance in older women relative to ApoE-epsilon4 genotype and aerobic fitnessJennifer L Etnier
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of North Carolina, Greensboro, NC 27402, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 39:199-207. 2007..Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) genotype and aerobic fitness are each associated with cognitive performance in older adults. However, their potentially interactive effects on cognitive performance have not been examined...
- Exercise, fibromyalgia, and fibrofog: a pilot studyJennifer L Etnier
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27402, USA
J Phys Act Health 6:239-46. 2009....
- The immediate and delayed effects of an acute bout of exercise on cognitive performance of healthy older adultsLisa A Barella
Dept of Kinesiology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC, USA
J Aging Phys Act 18:87-98. 2010..Findings suggest that acute exercise performed by healthy older adults has short-term benefits for speed of processing but does not affect other types of cognitive functioning...
- The effect of physical activity on executive function: a brief commentary on definitions, measurement issues, and the current state of the literatureJennifer L Etnier
Department of Kinesiology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC, USA
J Sport Exerc Psychol 31:469-83. 2009....
- Effects of acute exercise on long-term memoryJeffrey D Labban
Department of Kinesiology, University of North Carolina Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27402, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 82:712-21. 2011..05). Differences among the exercise groups failed to reach significance (p = .09). Results indicated that acute exercise positively influenced recall and that exercise timing relative to memory task may have an impact on this effect...
- Exploring the relationship between exercise-induced arousal and cognition using fractionated response timeYu Kai Chang
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27402 6170, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 80:78-86. 2009..Results indicated that exercise-induced arousal has a positive influence on the peripheral components of response time tasks; however it has a limited impact on the central components of these tasks...
- Physical activity and hormone-replacement therapy: interactive effects on cognition?Jennifer L Etnier
Arizona State University, USA
J Aging Phys Act 12:554-67. 2004..It is concluded that the beneficial relationship between PA and these two measures of cognitive performance in postmenopausal women exists irrespective of HRT use...
- Predicting individual risk of cognitive decline in womenJennifer Etnier; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, the findings of this study will have important implications for identifying participants for whom physical activity may be especially beneficial with regards to cognition. ..