Carlos A Estrada
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Marketing to increase participation in a Web-based continuing medical education cultural competence curriculumCarlos A Estrada
Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Division of General Internal Medicine, 732 Faculty Office Tower, 510 20th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294 3407, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 31:21-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare the impact of 2 marketing strategies in the context of an online CME cultural competence curriculum (www.c-comp.org)...
- A web-based diabetes intervention for physician: a cluster-randomized effectiveness trialCarlos A Estrada
Veterans Affairs National Quality Scholars Program, Birmingham, AL, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 23:682-9. 2011..To determine the effectiveness of a provider-based education and implementation intervention for improving diabetes control...
- Quality of diabetes mellitus care by rural primary care physiciansStephen A Tonks
The University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 3407, USA
J Rural Health 28:364-71. 2012..To explore the relationship between degree of rurality and glucose (hemoglobin A1c), blood pressure (BP), and lipid (LDL) control among patients with diabetes...
- Is physician engagement with Web-based CME associated with patients' baseline hemoglobin A1c levels? The Rural Diabetes Online Care studyKatie Crenshaw
Division of Continuing Medical Education, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0019, USA
Acad Med 85:1511-7. 2010..To investigate the association between physician participants' levels of engagement in a Web-based educational intervention and their patients' baseline diabetes measures...
- What should we include in a cultural competence curriculum? An emerging formative evaluation process to foster curriculum developmentKatie Crenshaw
Division of Continuing Medical Education, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Acad Med 86:333-41. 2011..To identify, prioritize, and organize components of a cultural competence curriculum to address disparities in cardiovascular disease...
- Mastering improvement science skills in the new era of quality and safety: the Veterans Affairs National Quality Scholars ProgramCarlos A Estrada
Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 18:508-14. 2012....
- Reasons for not intensifying medications: differentiating "clinical inertia" from appropriate careMonika M Safford
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1648-55. 2007..Some have proposed that it accounts for up to 80% of cardiovascular events, potentially an important quality problem. However, reasons for so-called clinical inertia are poorly understood...
- Characteristics that predict physician participation in a Web-based CME activity: the MI-Plus studyMichael J Schoen
Division of Continuing Medical Education, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 29:246-53. 2009....