R D Estensen
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Effect of chemopreventive agents on separate stages of progression of benzo[alpha]pyrene induced lung tumors in A/J miceR D Estensen
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:197-201. 2004..In summary, budesonide is a chemopreventive agent that has inhibitory effects on B[alpha]P induced carcinogenesis of the lung in A/J mice at all stages of progression from hyperplasia formation to cancer...
- A method of producing carcinoma in upper aerodigestive tree and esophagus of the Syrian golden hamster using wounding and instillation of N-methylnitrosoureaRichard D Estensen
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1644-50. 2007..These tumors of digestive epithelium have a growth pattern that differs from that of the respiratory epithelium in that they grow and invade without filling the epithelial layer with tumor cells...
- Chemoprevention of pulmonary carcinogenesis by brief exposures to aerosolized budesonide or beclomethasone dipropionate and by the combination of aerosolized budesonide and dietary myo-inositolL W Wattenberg
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology and College of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Carcinogenesis 21:179-82. 2000....
- Chemoprevention of cancer of the upper respiratory tract of the Syrian golden hamster by aerosol administration of difluoromethylornithine and 5-fluorouracilLee W Wattenberg
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Cancer Res 64:2347-9. 2004..0274). Both compounds resulted in a significant increase in the percent of cancer-free animals. These two agents may have selected use in subjects at high risk of cancer of the URT...
- Effect of dietary green tea extract and aerosolized difluoromethylornithine during lung tumor progression in A/J strain miceMarshall W Anderson
Department of Molecular Oncogenesis, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1594-600. 2008..Our results suggest a potential role for green tea extracts in preventing the progression of large, aggressive lung adenocarcinomas...