Affiliation: University of Houston
- Predictors of frequency of condom use and attitudes among sexually active female military personnel in NigeriaE James Essien
Institute of Community Health, University of Houston, Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
HIV AIDS (Auckl) 2:77-88. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine the factors that predict the frequency of condom use and attitudes among sexually active female military personnel in Nigeria...
- Strategies to prevent HIV transmission among heterosexual African-American menEkere J Essien
The HIV Prevention Research Group, College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, 1441 Moursund Street, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
BMC Public Health 5:3. 2005....
- Correlates of HIV knowledge and sexual risk behaviors among female military personnelE James Essien
University of Houston, Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AIDS Behav 14:1401-14. 2010..05) associated with number of children, annual income, and number of sexual partners. Data indicates the importance of incorporating these predictor variables into intervention designs...
- Effectiveness of a video-based motivational skills-building HIV risk-reduction intervention for female military personnelE James Essien
Institute of Community Health, University of Houston, Texas Medical Center, 1441 Moursund Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Soc Sci Med 72:63-71. 2011..These findings indicate that a videotape-based, HIV prevention intervention is a feasible and effective approach to HIV prevention among female military personnel from sub-Saharan Africa...
- The impact of Medicare Part D on psychotropic utilization and financial burden for community-based seniorsHua Chen
College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:1191-7. 2008..This study evaluated the impact of Medicare's new drug benefit (Part D) on utilization of psychotropic medications and the consequent financial burden for the elderly population...
- Emerging sociodemographic and lifestyle predictors of intention to use condom in human immunodeficiency virus intervention among uniformed services personnelEkere James Essien
HIV Prevention Research Group, College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, 1441 Moursund Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mil Med 171:1027-34. 2006..019) as negative predictors of the intent to use a condom. Therefore, these findings suggest that for an HIV/AIDS intervention to be effective in this population, it must incorporate these predictor variables into its design and conduct...
- VIDEOTAPE-BASED HIV PREVENTION INTERVENTIONEkere Essien; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- The Nigerian Uniformed Services AIDS ProjectEkere Essien; Fiscal Year: 2008..The intervention may also have applicability to military establishments in other resource poor countries with a high prevalence of HIV/AIDS. ..