Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Semaphorin 7A is expressed on airway eosinophils and upregulated by IL-5 family cytokinesStephane Esnault
Department of Medicine, Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine Division, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA Electronic address
Clin Immunol 150:90-100. 2014..semaphorin 7A is a potentially important modulator of eosinophil profibrotic functions in the airway remodeling of patients with chronic asthma. ..
- Identification of genes expressed by human airway eosinophils after an in vivo allergen challengeStephane Esnault
Department of Medicine, Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine Division, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e67560. 2013..Genome-wide expression analysis of airway EOS by microarrays has been limited by the ability to generate high quality RNA from sufficient numbers of airway EOS...
- Human eosinophils release IL-1ß and increase expression of IL-17A in activated CD4+ T lymphocytesS Esnault
Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 42:1756-64. 2012..We have shown that eosinophils (EOS) have the potential to influence Th1 and Th2 cytokine generation by CD4(+) cells, but their influence on IL-17A (IL-17) has not been established...
- Segmental allergen challenge enhances chitinase activity and levels of CCL18 in mild atopic asthmaM L Gavala
Department of Biomolecular Chemistry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792 9988, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 43:187-97. 2013..CCL18, chitotriosidase (CHIT1) and YKL-40 are readily detectable in the lungs and contribute to remodelling in other fibrotic diseases, but their involvement in allergic asthma is unclear...
- Granulocyte macrophage-colony-stimulating factor mRNA is stabilized in airway eosinophils and peripheral blood eosinophils activated by TNF-alpha plus fibronectinS Esnault
Department of Pathology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Immunol 166:4658-63. 2001..These data suggest that TNF-alpha plus fibronectin may increase eosinophil survival in vivo by controlling GM-CSF production at a posttranscriptional level...
- Y box-binding factor promotes eosinophil survival by stabilizing granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor mRNAE E Capowski
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Immunol 167:5970-6. 2001..Thus, we propose a model whereby activation of eosinophils leads to YB-1 binding to and stabilization of GM-CSF mRNA, ultimately resulting in GM-CSF release and prolonged eosinophil survival...