Elaine M Eshbaugh
Affiliation: University of Northern Iowa
- Promoting careers in gerontology to students: what are undergraduates seeking in a career?Elaine Eshbaugh
School of Applied Human Sciences, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614 0332, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 34:150-60. 2013....
- Predictors of depressive symptomatology among low-income adolescent mothersE M Eshbaugh
Juniper Gardens Children s Project, University of Kansas, KS, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 9:339-42. 2006..For Latinas, partnered teen mothers were less likely than non-partnered teen mothers to be depressed. Future research should be conducted to examine how ethnicity interacts with predictors of depression...
- Hookups and sexual regret among college womenElaine M Eshbaugh
Department of Family Studies, University of Northern Iowa, 241 Latham Hall, Cedar Falls, IA 50614 0332, USA
J Soc Psychol 148:77-89. 2008..The authors discuss the preventative health implications of their findings...
- Perceptions of living alone among older adult womenElaine M Eshbaugh
University of Northern Iowa, IA 50614 0332, USA
J Community Health Nurs 25:125-37. 2008..Nurses should be aware that although some have perceived older adult women living alone as a vulnerable population, one cannot make assumptions based on living arrangements...
- The role of friends in predicting loneliness among older women living aloneElaine M Eshbaugh
University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, 241 Latham Hall, IA 50614 0332, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 35:13-6. 2009..Nurses may want to use these findings to encourage older women to make social connections, even if they live close to their family...
- Sex for you, but not for me: discontinuity in undergraduate emerging adults' definitions of "having sex"Gary Gute
University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA 50614 0332, USA
J Sex Res 45:329-37. 2008..Fundamental attribution error (FAE) and emerging adulthood literature are used to explain the findings. Health and relationship implications are identified...
- Tuning them in versus turning them on: how do we interest students in working with older adults?Patricia E Gross
Department of Family Studies, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614 0332, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 32:122-34. 2011..This implies that the most efficient path to bolstering our gerontology workforce may be to make students aware of the diverse and rewarding career opportunities in the field of aging...
- Personality as a predictor of hooking up among college studentsGary Gute
Human Development and Family Studies, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA 50614 0332, USA
J Community Health Nurs 25:26-43. 2008..Relationships between personality and hooking up were significant while controlling for alcohol use. Implications for prevention programming on college campuses are discussed...