M A Escamilla
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Diagnosis and treatment of mood disorders that co-occur with schizophreniaM A Escamilla
Department of Psychiatry at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229 3900, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:911-9. 2001..There is a great need for additional research on treatment of mood disorders that arise during the course of schizophrenia, especially with regard to newer mood stabilizers and antidepressants...
- Association analyses of the neuregulin 1 gene with schizophrenia and manic psychosis in a Hispanic populationC Walss-Bass
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 113:314-21. 2006..This study used the population of the Central Valley of Costa Rica (CVCR) and phenotyping strategies alternative to DSMIV classifications to investigate the association of neuregulin 1 with schizophrenia...
- A genome-wide scan for schizophrenia and psychosis susceptibility loci in families of Mexican and Central American ancestryM A Escamilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio UTHSCSA, San Antonio, Texas, 78229 3900, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:193-9. 2007....
- Fine-scale mapping of a locus for severe bipolar mood disorder on chromosome 18p11.3 in the Costa Rican populationL A McInnes
Neurogenetics Laboratory, Center for Neurobiology and Psychiatry, and Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:11485-90. 2001..Our results suggest a candidate region containing six genes but also highlight the complexities of LD mapping of common disorders...
- TGFB-induced factor (TGIF): a candidate gene for psychosis on chromosome 18pI Chavarria-Siles
Psychiatric Genetics Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Mol Psychiatry 12:1033-41. 2007..Altogether, our results point to the possible involvement of TGIF in the pathophysiology of psychotic disorders in the CVCR population...