Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Development and evaluation of a Nursing Assistant Computerized Education ProgrammeMary Ersek
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Int J Palliat Nurs 14:502-9. 2008..To describe the development and evaluation of the Nursing Assistant Computerized Education Programme (NA-CEP), a computer-based palliative care curriculum for nursing assistants...
- A nationwide study comparing end-of-life care for men and women veteransMary Ersek
PROMISE Center, Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Palliat Med 16:734-40. 2013..The quality of end-of-life (EOL) care at Veterans Affairs Medical Centers (VAMC) has improved. To date, however, the quality and outcomes of end-of-life care delivered to women veterans have not been examined...
- Addressing methodological challenges in implementing the nursing home pain management algorithm randomized controlled trialMary Ersek
Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6096, USA
Clin Trials 9:634-44. 2012..One promising approach is the embedding of guidelines into explicit protocols and algorithms to enhance decision making...
- Development of a composite pain measure for persons with advanced dementia: exploratory analyses in self-reporting nursing home residentsMary Ersek
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6096, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 41:566-79. 2011..However, there is little empirical evidence to guide clinicians in weighting or combining these sources to best approximate the person's experience...
- Comparing the psychometric properties of the Checklist of Nonverbal Pain Behaviors (CNPI) and the Pain Assessment in Advanced Dementia (PAIN-AD) instrumentsMary Ersek
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Room 329, 418 Curie Bld, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6096, USA
Pain Med 11:395-404. 2010..To examine and compare the psychometric properties of two common observational pain assessment tools used in persons with dementia...
- Development and evaluation of an international, interdisciplinary palliative care workshop in BotswanaMary Ersek
John A Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence and Center for Integrative Science in Ageing, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, USA
Int J Palliat Nurs 16:13-21. 2010..This paper reports the development and evaluation of an interdisciplinary, international palliative care workshop presented in Gaborone, Botswana...
- Pilot test of a three-station palliative care observed structured clinical examination for multidisciplinary traineesAmy M Corcoran
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Nurs Educ 52:294-8. 2013..Initial evaluation suggests a three-station palliative care OSCE exercise is effective for multidisciplinary learners, although additional refinement is necessary...
- The challenges and opportunities in providing end-of-life care in nursing homesMary Ersek
Pain Research Department, Swedish Medical Center, and Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98122, USA
J Palliat Med 6:45-57. 2003..Finally, this article discusses educational programs and current educational initiatives to enhance end-of-life care in nursing homes...
- Improving the process of pain care in nursing homes: a literature synthesisKristen Lynne Swafford
Oregon Health and Science University, School of Nursing, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1080-7. 2009....
- Exploring End-of-Life Care in Veterans Affairs Community Living CentersMary Ersek
Performance Reporting and Outcomes Measurement to Improve the Standard of Care at End of life Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
J Am Geriatr Soc 63:644-50. 2015..To compare quality of end-of-life (EOL) care indicators and family evaluation of care in community living centers (CLCs) with that of EOL care in acute, intensive, and hospice and palliative care units...
- Chronic Pain Self-Management for the ElderlyMary Ersek; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Nursing Home Pain Management Algorithm Clinical TrialMary Ersek; Fiscal Year: 2009..Findings from this study will assist NH staff to assess and treat pain effectively in cognitively intact and impaired residents. Long-term follow-up will establish the persistence of changes in clinical practice and resident outcomes. ..