Jeanne M Erickson
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Self-care strategies to relieve fatigue in patients receiving radiation therapyJeanne M Erickson
School of Nursing, University of Virginia in Charlottesville, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 17:319-24. 2013..When assessing and teaching about fatigue, nurses need to explore patients' daytime activity level and daytime sleep to be sure that excessive inactivity is not contributing to fatigue...
- Symptoms and symptom clusters in adolescents receiving cancer treatment: a review of the literatureJeanne M Erickson
University of Virginia School of Nursing, Charlottesville, VA, United States
Int J Nurs Stud 50:847-69. 2013....
- Fatigue in adolescents with cancer: a review of the literatureJeanne M Erickson
Clin J Oncol Nurs 8:139-45. 2004..This article reviews relevant literature related to the symptom of fatigue in adolescents with cancer, discusses future research directions, and recommends clinical strategies for management of fatigue in this population...
- Approaches to measure sleep-wake disturbances in adolescents with cancerJeanne M Erickson
University of Utah College of Nursing, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 24:255-69. 2009..Oncology clinicians should be ready to add emerging evidence from sleep research to their care of adolescents with cancer...
- Patterns of fatigue in adolescents receiving chemotherapyJeanne M Erickson
School of Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 37:444-55. 2010..To describe patterns of fatigue in adolescents and the impact of fatigue during one month of chemotherapy, to explore variables that affect fatigue, and to explore the feasibility of collecting daily self-report data in this population...
- Fatigue, sleep-wake disturbances, and quality of life in adolescents receiving chemotherapyJeanne M Erickson
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 33:e17-25. 2011..This study measured fatigue, sleep disturbances, and quality of life in 20 adolescents over 1 month while they were receiving chemotherapy...
- Ethical dilemmas and moral distress in oncology nursing practiceJeryl S Cohen
Cancer Center, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 10:775-80. 2006..Additional resources in the clinical setting may encourage nurses to actively participate in ethical decision making and take deliberate action as moral agents...
- Blogging through cancer: young women's persistent problems shared onlineJessica Keim-Malpass
School of Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Cancer Nurs 36:163-72. 2013..Many young women have turned to illness blogs to describe their lived experience with cancer. Blogs represent an untapped source of knowledge for researchers and clinicians...
- Prevention and management of post-lumbar puncture headache in pediatric oncology patientsLivia Chi Yan Lee
Intermediate Care Unit, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Fairfax, VA, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 24:200-7. 2007....