Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Performance characteristics of the QUANTIPLEX HIV-1 RNA 3.0 assay for detection and quantitation of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNA in plasmaA Erice
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:2837-45. 2000..0051 by the Wilcoxon two-sample test). The excellent reproducibility, broad linear range, and good sensitivity of the bDNA 3.0 assay make it a very attractive method for quantitation of HIV-1 RNA levels in plasma...
- Ganciclovir susceptibilities and analysis of UL97 region in cytomegalovirus (CMV) isolates from bone marrow recipients with CMV disease after antiviral prophylaxisA Erice
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Infect Dis 178:531-4. 1998..Ganciclovir-resistant CMV isolates may emerge rapidly in bone marrow transplant recipients who are treated with ganciclovir after receiving prophylaxis with acyclovir...
- Effect of foscarnet on quantities of cytomegalovirus and human immunodeficiency virus in blood of persons with AIDSH H Balfour
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:2721-6. 1996..The dual antiviral activity of foscarnet shown in this trial encourages investigation of its use in combination with other antiretroviral therapies for persons with AIDS...
- A randomized, controlled, double-blind study comparing the survival benefit of four different reverse transcriptase inhibitor therapies (three-drug, two-drug, and alternating drug) for the treatment of advanced AIDS. AIDS Clinical Trial Group 193A Study TK Henry
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 19:339-49. 1998..The time to new HIV disease progression or death, toxicities, the change in CD4 cells, and plasma HIV-1 RNA concentrations in a subset of study subjects were evaluated...
- Concentration-controlled zidovudine therapyC V Fletcher
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 64:331-8. 1998..The active moiety of nucleoside anti-HIV drugs is the intracellular anabolite. Therefore the heterogeneity in response to nucleoside agents may arise as a result of pharmacologic variability at both the systemic and cellular level...
- Prevalence of cytomegalovirus antibody in hemophiliacs and homosexuals infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1J B Jackson
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
Transfusion 28:187-9. 1988....
- Resistance of human cytomegalovirus to antiviral drugsA Erice
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology and Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
Clin Microbiol Rev 12:286-97. 1999..This article reviews the mechanisms of resistance of CMV to antiviral agents, the laboratory methods for detection of resistant CMV, and the clinical aspects of infections caused by antiviral-resistant CMV...
- Anti-human immunodeficiency virus type 1 activity of an anti-CD4 immunoconjugate containing pokeweed antiviral proteinA Erice
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Minnesota Health Sciences Center, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 37:835-8. 1993....
- Analysis of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase and protease sequences in paired plasma and lymphoid tissue specimens from HIV-1 infected individualsA Erice
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, USA
AIDS 15:831-6. 2001..CONCLUSION: The genotype of plasma HIV-1 is similar to the genotype of the virus in lymphoid tissue. Resistance studies using plasma samples should provide accurate information regarding the genotype of HIV-1 in lymphoid tissues...
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) burden, CMV end-organ disease, and survival in subjects with advanced HIV infection (AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol 360)A Erice
University of Minnesota, MN, USA
Clin Infect Dis 37:567-78. 2003..HIV-infected subjects with CD4 cell counts of < or =50 cells/mm3 and HIV RNA levels of >10,000 copies/mL of plasma should have blood fractions screened for CMV DNA; if CMV DNA is detected, CMV prophylaxis might be considered...