Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Providers' perspective on diabetes case management: a descriptive studyNacide Ercan-Fang
University of Minnesota, Metabolic Staff Physician, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Am J Manag Care 19:29-32. 2013..To address the physicians' perspective on case management (CM) for diabetes...
- Endogenous effectors of human liver glycogen phosphorylase modulate effects of indole-site inhibitorsNacide Ercan-Fang
Metabolic Research Laboratory, Section of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Nutrition, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289:E366-72. 2005..However, at higher concentrations (10-30 microM), the GPI effect was dominant and resulted in inhibition of phosphorylase a activity irrespective of the presence or absence of the other modulators of the enzyme...
- Integrated effects of multiple modulators on human liver glycogen phosphorylase aNacide Ercan-Fang
Metabolic Research Laboratory and Section of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 283:E29-37. 2002..Of these effectors, only glucose changes greatly in vivo. Thus it may be the major regulator of HLGPa activity...
- Effect of nurse case management compared with usual care on controlling cardiovascular risk factors in patients with diabetes: a randomized controlled trialAreef Ishani
Minneapolis VA Health Care System, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1689-94. 2011..To determine whether nurse case management with a therapeutic algorithm could effectively improve rates of control for hypertension, hyperglycemia, and hyperlipidemia compared with usual care among veterans with diabetes...
- Influence of mulberry leaf extract on the blood glucose and breath hydrogen response to ingestion of 75 g sucrose by type 2 diabetic and control subjectsMitchell Mudra
Minneapolis VA Medical Center Research Service, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1272-4. 2007