J B Epstein
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Epstein J, Truelove E, Oien H, Le N, Epstein M. Oral topical doxepin rinse: anesthetic effect in normal subjects. Pain Res Manag. 2003;8:195-7 pubmed..The majority of normal subjects reported sedation after use, but this was less common in patients with mucosal lesions. ..
- Epstein J, Beaumont J, Gwede C, Murphy B, Garden A, Meredith R, et al. Longitudinal evaluation of the oral mucositis weekly questionnaire-head and neck cancer, a patient-reported outcomes questionnaire. Cancer. 2007;109:1914-22 pubmed..The current results indicated that the OMWQ-HN is a valid, reliable, and feasible instrument for assessing the impact of mucositis on patients who are receiving radiation therapy with or without chemotherapy for HNC. ..
- Epstein J, Hancock P, Nantel S. Oral candidiasis in hematopoietic cell transplantation patients: an outcome-based analysis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2003;96:154-63 pubmed..The objectives of this study were to examine the relationship of oral colonization by Candida species to systemic infection, mortality, and the impact of antifungal treatment on a population of recipients of HCT...
- Epstein J, Feldman R, Dolor R, Porter S. The utility of tolonium chloride rinse in the diagnosis of recurrent or second primary cancers in patients with prior upper aerodigestive tract cancer. Head Neck. 2003;25:911-21 pubmed..The increased sensitivity is largely attributed to lesions that stain but were not detected clinically on visual examination. ..
- Epstein J, Barasch A. Taste disorders in cancer patients: pathogenesis, and approach to assessment and management. Oral Oncol. 2010;46:77-81 pubmed publisher..Due to its potentially significant impact on quality of life during and following cytotoxic therapy, and considering the increase in cancer survivorship, further research on this topic is imperative...